Good Customer Service!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly... Happy New Year to you all! :D

I wanted to take this time to inform you of TWO tokens of fine customer service I have recieved in recent weeks from two companies.

Firstly, there's Freud. I bought one of their FT2000VCE 1/2" plunge routers from Screwfix in the online sale before Christmas. Sadly, the router was faulty from the start (no speed control and odd burning smell with light smoke). I spoke to someone at Freud and we eventually arranged a suitable day to have the item collected and repaired on the 21st - totally FREE OF CHARGE. I was also informed at this point that the warranty was in fact the full one year, not the six months as stated in the manual!

On Thursday (after a brief e-mail to remind them they still had my router :roll: :wink: ) a big box arrived with my router inside. Everything was there and it has one of those green lables to say it's been tested and is safe, etc. Out to the workshop, I swtich it on, run up and down the speed dial - full control, no burning, no smoke, when very satisfied, very happy customer. :D

Next up, there's Dragon Saws Ltd., whom I have used through eBay to purchased various bandsaw blades for my SIP 12" machine.
I've been having troubled tensioning the widest (5/8") blade and getting it to run straight and true. After to speaking to a member of their team it was suggested trimming 5mm off the length could make all the difference as bandsaws at this level are unable to properly tension wide blades. The tension gauge on the side of the machine should also be taken with a pinch of salt (go to the next size up and try that).

The man in question offered to trim 5mm off the blade if I sent it back to him directly and return it so I could see if this would sort the problem - again, totally free of any charge! I'm very happy to say it's done the trick. Although the 5mm I have lost does make it a little more awkward when it comes to fitting and removing the blade off the wheels.

I would happily buy any Freud power tool I see I am in need of with confidence in knowing I will always have good supprt to hand should I need it (although, in most cases, I believe there may be better brands within my budget).
And as for Dragon Saws, I need not look anywhere else for any further bandsaw blades I require. I also understand they can make cutters for routers and spindle moulders, should anyone be interested.

Thanks for looking. Hopefully, this may come of some use to various other members of the forums.

Does anyone have any recent bad experiences with these companies? Or some good customer service of their own they'd like to share?

Olly

Good to hear that there is still customer satisfaction out there, all to often we hear about the things that go wrong.

Thanks for sharing.

Freud were very helpful with my screwfix freud aswell, sent me the missing parts in the post, very nice.

I'll have to make sure I try the speed dial on mine again. hopefuly no burning.

Thanks
J

Back