Going rate for a Wadkins P/T

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some bloak

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what anyone reckons the going rate for a reasonable condition rust free Wadkins BAO/S 12 x 7 planer thicknesser should be. I might know of one coming up so just want to have a good ball park idea.

This machine would be for a hobby/part time trade initially, so am wondering if it would be suitable and what sort of things should I look out for in terms of what can be wrong or worn with this model which I imagine is 30- 40 years old or more. What would another equivalent type be. I tend to favour the old British type machines.

Many thanks for any advice or help that can be given.

Its worth doing an ebay search for sold machines which will give you an idea.

From memory I think they sell in a range from about £700 up to £2,000. Below £1000 are probably machines sold as seen in ok condition. At the the top will be a fully reconditioned machined, repainted from a dealer. Most machines seem to be three phase.

RobinBHM":2qevhq3n said:
Its worth doing an ebay search for sold machines which will give you an idea.

From memory I think they sell in a range from about £700 up to £2,000. Below £1000 are probably machines sold as seen in ok condition. At the the top will be a fully reconditioned machined, repainted from a dealer. Most machines seem to be three phase.

Robin's on the money. Been looking out for one of these for a while and that seems to be what they go for, id say on average just under £1K. They do occasionally appear at around £500 on gumtree but never anywhere near Aberdeen, but that's just my problem.

Fitz.

Latest posts

Back