Glueiing labels to parcels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all What is the best way to glue on labels that have just come of the printer , The labels themselves are what Firms like Ipost parcels Hermes and others want placing on the parcels ready for collection. I suppose the bar code and most of the labels do not want covering with clear sellotape, Is it posible to use a spray on glue that does not alter the shape or size of the bar code.
Thanks
Timber

Sellotape is fine and will not stop the bar codes from being scanned. In fact it's a good idea, assuming you use an inkjet printer. If your printed label gets wet, the ink will run and be unreadable.

Self-adhesive plastic Document Wallets are meant for the job and are rediculously cheap, otherwise clear packing tape.

+1 for the self stick clear envelopes. You can get them in various sizes with & without 'Documents enclosed'.

I have a nice roll of sticky back plastic that I just cut out a square of the right size and stick the label donw with that. flat and splashproof.

why try to complicate things? cut it out, put it on parcel, and go over with a clear packing tape.
Fast/cheap/durable &easy.

bugbear":2gdwfn0s said:
I use Pritt Stick and clear tape on the 2 shortest edges.

BugBear
Many thanks
to all who replied. A great help as I have to get rid of so much stuff that I have collected over the years,
Makes one think when Wife said yesterday "we really ought to see our solicitor and set up Power of attorneys for our two Children" If anything happens to us!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
Ain't life fun
Timber

bugbear":3vuchugy said:

BugBear

Yeah but why not just clear tape all over the label? Just to save half a pence on a packaging tape? :D
not in a million years I would trust glue stick to keep my parcel from not getting lost..

I parcel tape over all my self adhesive address labels just for added security. Without it they can easily peel of if caught on another package or sacking we rarely have a problem.

MrDavidRoberts":3bh31g4e said:
bugbear":3bh31g4e said:

BugBear

Yeah but why not just clear tape all over the label? Just to save half a pence on a packaging tape? :D
not in a million years I would trust glue stick to keep my parcel from not getting lost..

Works fine. Been doing it for years.

BugBear

Back