Established Member
Reaction score
Need some glue to use with biscuits into ply sheets

Not keen of the foaming type as it goes everywhere and make a mess

Any recommendations please :mrgreen:

Paul Chapman

Established Member
Reaction score
PVA. I tend to use EvoStik but I don't think the make matters much. All the well-known brands are pretty good IMHO.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

ProShop

Established Member
Reaction score
IMHO forget Titebond, it's an Ok glue but there are better glues out there and for less money,

Try Everbuild waterproof D4 grade, unlike Titebond 3 it dries clear, 10min set time, been using it for years.

Get down to your local Toolstation 1lt will set you back £5.98p :shock: .

NickV

Reaction score
ProShop":1libmiak said:
IMHO forget Titebond, it's an Ok glue but there are better glues out there and for less money,

Try Everbuild waterproof D4 grade, unlike Titebond 3 it dries clear, 10min set time, been using it for years.

I'm building a kitchen with the exact same glue - no problems so far.

Nick

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
ProShop":109t4sdc said:

Agreed, brilliant stuff...but you've been ripped off! I pay less than a fiver :mrgreen: - Rob

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 1 ltr Everbuild D4

Thanks for your help :mrgreen:

Matt_vb36

Established Member
Reaction score
ProShop":33mmsjfl said:

hi, just had a look on toolstations website and they dont list it, they only list the tubes?

Matt_vb36

Established Member
Reaction score
Matt_vb36":1wm49nc7 said:
ProShop":1wm49nc7 said:

hi, just had a look on toolstations website and they dont list it, they only list the tubes?

sorry just found, it just wouldn't show up in a search fo everbuild.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
woodbloke":2j2botl7 said:
ProShop":2j2botl7 said:

Agreed, brilliant stuff...but you've been ripped off! I pay less than a fiver :mrgreen: - Rob
Where are you getting that price for D4 Rob? Toolstation usually are hard to beat on price but I always like to them know when they are not the cheapest. :mrgreen:

Bob

DrPhill

Cyber Heretic
Reaction score
The OP has his answer, so could I broaden this thread a little, please?

I have always used PVA glue - which seems to create a bond stronger than the wood itself. Why are the other products better? Is it drying/setting time (I leave PVA overnight), finishing effect (colour, workability), gap filling, or something else?

When I come to replace my glue I am open to trying something new, as long as I know why......

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
9fingers":2b30nnhu said:
Where are you getting that price for D4 Rob? Toolstation usually are hard to beat on price but I always like to them know when they are not the cheapest. :mrgreen:

Bob
In-Excess, Salisbury...they'd almost run out last time I looked, but tend to get in new supplies fairly regularly. A litre for £4.95 - Rob

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
woodbloke":vwjhfbzd said:
9fingers":vwjhfbzd said:

Bob
In-Excess, Salisbury...they'd almost run out last time I looked, but tend to get in new supplies fairly regularly. A litre for £4.95 - Rob
Thanks Rob, I'll have a look next time I'm over that way.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Allen,

I would have suggested you use my Titebond using as you will be using my workshop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
9fingers":u7uo51c3 said:
woodbloke":u7uo51c3 said:
9fingers":u7uo51c3 said:

Bob
Thanks Rob, I'll have a look next time I'm over that way.
...don't forget to give us a shout and call in for a brew :wink: - Rob

Latest posts