Glue recomendation please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Need some glue to use with biscuits into ply sheets

Not keen of the foaming type as it goes everywhere and make a mess

Any recommendations please :mrgreen:

PVA. I tend to use EvoStik but I don't think the make matters much. All the well-known brands are pretty good IMHO.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

IMHO forget Titebond, it's an Ok glue but there are better glues out there and for less money,

Try Everbuild waterproof D4 grade, unlike Titebond 3 it dries clear, 10min set time, been using it for years.

Get down to your local Toolstation 1lt will set you back £5.98p :shock: .

ProShop":1libmiak said:
IMHO forget Titebond, it's an Ok glue but there are better glues out there and for less money,

Try Everbuild waterproof D4 grade, unlike Titebond 3 it dries clear, 10min set time, been using it for years.

I'm building a kitchen with the exact same glue - no problems so far.

Nick

ProShop":109t4sdc said:

Agreed, brilliant stuff...but you've been ripped off! I pay less than a fiver :mrgreen: - Rob

ProShop":33mmsjfl said:

hi, just had a look on toolstations website and they dont list it, they only list the tubes?

Matt_vb36":1wm49nc7 said:
ProShop":1wm49nc7 said:

hi, just had a look on toolstations website and they dont list it, they only list the tubes?

sorry just found, it just wouldn't show up in a search fo everbuild.

woodbloke":2j2botl7 said:
ProShop":2j2botl7 said:

Agreed, brilliant stuff...but you've been ripped off! I pay less than a fiver :mrgreen: - Rob

Where are you getting that price for D4 Rob? Toolstation usually are hard to beat on price but I always like to them know when they are not the cheapest. :mrgreen:

Bob

The OP has his answer, so could I broaden this thread a little, please?

I have always used PVA glue - which seems to create a bond stronger than the wood itself. Why are the other products better? Is it drying/setting time (I leave PVA overnight), finishing effect (colour, workability), gap filling, or something else?

When I come to replace my glue I am open to trying something new, as long as I know why......

9fingers":2b30nnhu said:
Where are you getting that price for D4 Rob? Toolstation usually are hard to beat on price but I always like to them know when they are not the cheapest. :mrgreen:

Bob
In-Excess, Salisbury...they'd almost run out last time I looked, but tend to get in new supplies fairly regularly. A litre for £4.95 - Rob

woodbloke":vwjhfbzd said:
9fingers":vwjhfbzd said:

Bob
In-Excess, Salisbury...they'd almost run out last time I looked, but tend to get in new supplies fairly regularly. A litre for £4.95 - Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll have a look next time I'm over that way.

Allen,

I would have suggested you use my Titebond using as you will be using my workshop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

9fingers":u7uo51c3 said:
woodbloke":u7uo51c3 said:
9fingers":u7uo51c3 said:

Bob

Thanks Rob, I'll have a look next time I'm over that way.
...don't forget to give us a shout and call in for a brew :wink: - Rob

Back