Global warming

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittyhawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Seawater temperatures are 2°C above normal around here.
This means that the sub equatorial cyclones that form this time of year ride the warm water south and then get a nudge to the east from the trade winds and the Coriolis Effect and end up on our coast.
Cyclone Hale has just departed our region leaving a lot of damage from torrential rain and 70 knot winds, thankfully only surface flooding where I live but we are at the moment cut off from the outside world. Here's the road out of town.
images.jpeg

And the next cyclone is coming to visit next week. Early days yet so its track is uncertain but its said to have a bit more sting than the last one.
I don't care much for this global warming.

on the plus side more down'd exotic timber.....lol....

we get hi winds esp when she cooks beans....hahaha....

seriously we get good warnings from the local met office....
we then go and stack, tie down outside deck chairs n glass tables to something heavy.....

on the plus side more down'd exotic timber.....lol....

we get hi winds esp when she cooks beans....hahaha....

seriously we get good warnings from the local met office....
we then go and stack, tie down outside deck chairs n glass tables to something heavy.....

Metservice is on the ball here also.
But huge amount of damage south of us - roads and bridges out, vast areas of farmland under water etc.
Tropical cyclones always head in our direction January to March but due to colder water they usually degrade to harmless tropical depressions. The warmer waters keep them energized as full- on cyclonic events with damaging rain and wind. In the local vernacular, pi$$ing down and blowing its t!ts off. Next one due Wednesday. Can't wait... Not

The BBC don't use our met office but some french outfit so I go and double check with the met office!!

Back