Gloat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Routermonster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I rarely gloat, but I received a small birthday package from Phil last weekend, and I felt that it was unfair not to share some pictures with you.

Here are some photos of my new panel raiser. Phil has made it using a particularly nice piece of rosewood (SWMBO quote: "That's a nice lump of wood. What is it?").

I have buffed up the original wax finish applied by Phil, and have added extra to the sole. It's now got a lovely sheen. Note the 'Philly Planes' logo just visible on the nose. The photos don't do it justice.

PhillyPlanesPanelRaiserNovember2010016A.jpg

PhillyPlanesPanelRaiserNovember2010011A.jpg

PhillyPlanesPanelRaiserNovember2010010A.jpg

Needless to say, the blade and nicker as delivered were razor sharp, just needing a final polish. Given my lack of experience with wooden planes they work very well. I've been trying it out on some scrap and am still getting used to adjusting the blade, but I'm getting there. I'm looking forward to trying it out on a real project ....

It's great receiving a tool that's been specially made for you! Thanks Phil!

Les

:)

Hi,

Very nice plane.

You need a plane adjusting hammer to get the best out of it and not to cause any damage.

Time to change your name to Planemaster?

Pete

Adjusting hammer? I think Philly sells them too. :lol:

As for renaming me 'Planemaster' - I think there are plenty of other forum members more deserving of that title (e.g Paul Chapman, jimi43 .....). :shock:

I think I'd better duck now.

Les

Infamous AT LAST!!! :D

That is one beautiful plane from the Philly stable...absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing...let's see some shavings then!

Jim :wink:

Routermonster":1ypvefig said:
Hi Guys

I received a small birthday package from Phil last weekend,

Wow, he's sending them out as Birthday pressies. Top bloke.

Mines easy to remember, it's New Years Eve... Can't wait, not too fussed what he sends but a Chamfer Plane would be nice.

:lol:

studders":1fzrxrg6 said:
Routermonster":1fzrxrg6 said:
Hi Guys

I received a small birthday package from Phil last weekend,

Wow, he's sending them out as Birthday pressies. Top bloke.

Mines easy to remember, it's New Years Eve... Can't wait, not too fussed what he sends but a Chamfer Plane would be nice.

:lol:

Dec 21st for me, so does that place me ahead of you in the birthday plane queue? :lol:

Routermonster":31lfzjvp said:
As for renaming me 'Planemaster' - I think there are plenty of other forum members more deserving of that title (e.g Paul Chapman, jimi43 .....). :shock:

Les
Les...don't forget Waka :lol: - Rob

Les...don't forget Waka :lol: - Rob

Well, I didn't want to embarrass him!

Now, for those of you talking about Philly's chamfer plane, I had a go with one at Cressing Temple - Philly just happened to have on tucked away in the back! It's simple to set up and it works a treat - highly recommended. I want one,* but I'll have to wait awhile, since I've been buying "far too many tools" recently according to SWMBO.

Les

* I think it's time to admit that I'm definitely on the slope.

Glad you're happy with your plane, Les! Enjoy!

And I've made note of all the birthdays........ :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

Back