Getting TS & CS blades sharpened

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get a number of blades sharpened and was wondering if anybody can recommend and shop West of London, Berkshire, Surrey or Buckinghamshire ie close to Camberley. What should i expect to pay. Is the pricing per tooth??
One recommendation was Southern Counties Saw Co in High Wycombe or there any others.
Thanks in advance
Barry

Barry - in my experience, its per tooth and I pay about a tenner for a 36T 200mm blade in good condition, eg no teeth to be extensively reground or replaced in which case its more - Rob

Oops - didn't read the bit about planer blades - Rob

Hi,

I have used Wokingham Tool Co Ltd for planer blades. They charge about £7.50 for 2 blades. Once sharpened they seemed good, well balanced and no trouble to use. Took a week to get them back.

They are on the Wokingham Rd going into Reading from Winnersh.

Wokingham Tool co Ltd
97/98 Wokingham Rd
Reading Berks
RG6 1LH

Tel: 01189 661511

www.wokinghamtools.co.uk

They also do circular saw blades, router cutter sharpening etc.

regards
Alan

Does anyone know of somewhere in the Salisbury area for re-sharpening blades? I take mine into Penny Farthing Tools but from a previous post what I pay seems allot - Rob

Beech what did they charge you??
I believe they send them out to be done??
They would be the closes to me. Thanks
Barry

Barry,

I remember £7.50 a pair but then again my memory isn't all that hot but its around there.

I last used them 15 months ago for two pairs of blades and am still using the second pair.

You could just call and ask them.

Yes they send them away but my blades were returned with very little removed, well balanced so whoever they use knows what he/she is doing.

regards

Alan

Back