Getting there.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Swift

Reaction score
€Hi everyone I have just about sorted my home workshop out so I thought I would try and post a few pics.The workshop is a 15x9 shed which I insulated then lined with wafer board. I then made a new D/G window out of some offcuts and doubled the floor thickness. After getting the electrics sorted I moved in the toys first being my lathe.

Sorry if pics are poor I am still getting the hang of this.
20160817_184137.jpg

Attachments

• 20160817_184137.jpg
    20160817_184137.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,216
  • 20160818_184520.jpg
    20160818_184520.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,216
Well done on the build so far. Exciting times. Keep us posted as your workshop comes together.

Phil

Thanks Phil I bought the shed intending to use it for storage but the wife suggested I use it for my woodturning so I made the improvements before she changed her mind. :D
Regards Keith.

Keith Swift":31swak1c said:
Thanks Phil I bought the shed intending to use it for storage but the wife suggested I use it for my woodturning so I made the improvements before she changed her mind. :D
Regards Keith.

Fortunate AND wise?

Lucky man!

:D

That's a sturdy looking bolt hole Keith. Where did that mother of all locks come from? I maybe in need of one of those soon so would appreciate the info.
Cheers

Dave

AWG":18dvbmsq said:
Great man cave and lovely looking lathe sir!

Hello Andrew,
I have still got loads to do with the workshop ,but the lathe was a find on Gumtree.The lady who sold it had just moved to Derbyshire and lost her husband to cancer.I paid her asking price and she threw in a Jet filter,Record extractor and about half a van load of blanks.The first thing I made on the lathe was a tea light which I sent to her as it was her hubbys wood,she came back a week later and ordered 6 more for her friends coffee morning.

Regards Keith.

Dave Brookes":2564s53s said:
That's a sturdy looking bolt hole Keith. Where did that mother of all locks come from? I maybe in need of one of those soon so would appreciate the info.
Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave,
The bolt is a van bolt that I bought from the builders merchant it is very strong .

Regards Keith.

Keith Swift":2fp1v36b said:
Dave Brookes":2fp1v36b said:
Cheers
Dave
Thanks Dave,
The bolt is a van bolt that I bought from the builders merchant it is very strong .
Regards Keith.

No matter how strong the lock might be, access is still easily gained by removal of a few screws from the Tee Hinges :lol:

J-G":7hmm4mzt said:
Keith Swift":7hmm4mzt said:
Dave Brookes":7hmm4mzt said:
Cheers
Dave
Thanks Dave,
Regards Keith.

No matter how strong the lock might be, access is still easily gained by removal of a few screws from the Tee Hinges :lol:

That's why I bolted those as well. :lol:

Keith Swift":302nq897 said:
J-G":302nq897 said:
That's why I bolted those as well. :lol:

Well done :) I couldn't be sure even though I did enlarge the photo to check.

It was the use of Tee hinges at all that prompted me to comment since they are generally used on gates and the like where security isn't an issue. Strap hinges are always 'bolted' so would be my preference for a secure environ.

Latest posts

Back