Geoffs saw and pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
As promised I am enclosing a pic of my new tension rod. As I explained in my last post I had the engineer who made round over the sharp points of the wedges that were digging into the arms. What I did not account for was the small amount of steel he removed would cause the wedges to jump out when a blade broke, a blade breaking can cause the heart to miss a beat but when the tension rod jumps out at the same time the shock is increased ten fold. You will see the way I overcame this by the use of elasticated hair bands.

I have also included some pics of a few things I have been making this week, mostly orders. With the love signs I was sitting at my computer playing about with various fonts and I have a thing where I can alter the shape of the letters. The font used here is hobo font. I have just made these two and see how they go at the craft fairs, if they sell within a couple of weeks I will make some more. One is in oak and the other in beech.

Again while playing about with fonts I came up with the live, laugh, love. I do a few of these in different designs and they all sell well. The name signs are my my biggest sellers and this week I had ten to make ready for customers to collect on Tuesday. The Mia-Rose is in Disney font and made in American red oak and as one chap pointed out to me at a craft fair some time back, I am breeching copyright law, but having made these for a few years now I have never encountered any problems or any other comments.

Attachments

• P1010002 (4).jpeg
    P1010002 (4).jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P1010003.jpeg
    P1010003.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P1010005 (1).jpeg
    P1010005 (1).jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P1010006.jpeg
    P1010006.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,161
  • P1010002 (3).jpeg
    P1010002 (3).jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,161
Top work as ever Geoff. I like the mod on the hegner. I might need one my self if mine starts playing up.

Back