General introduction and a hello from me.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansonread

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey not sure which catagory in which to post this but as the topic contains the word general i thought here is a good a place as anywhere :)

Just thought is introduce myself as am new to the forum and show you an example of some of my work i have completed in my workshop. To show Im not trying to just plug my business I wont tell you anything about my company other than it includes just myself, rattling around in my workshop in hampshire. I mainly make for commercial projects but do the odd bit of domestic work when required. However probably 60% of my time is spent on site doing site work.

Il get around to taking some pictures of the workshop to show you guys soon but i am slightly embarrassed as to how messy it has got lately, so give me a few days to push the broom around and then il post on this thread.

I thought id show you some work in progress pictures and some of the completed projects just so you can get a taste of what I can do :)

I look forward to helping out as many people as i can on here and im sure i can suck a fair amount of information from you guys to!

This is a flat panel folding screen for use as a changing room for a shop in London. Had to Knock it about a bit before painting at the customer wanted it to look old and worn out, yet still remain functional.

In its primer and touched up filling...

Hidden casters in the bottom to aid in its movement over hard floor.

Finished and in location...

This is a till counter unit for the same shop, the theme was an artist studio so they wanted it to look like a stack of artists canvases, with a zinc top and heated plinth to keep the staff feet warm! Each one of the 'canvases' was a large c shape made from 50x50 pine that was then upolstered in pre white painted canvas, then stacked together on a sub frame that warped around the ply carcass. All this work was done in house and I can tell you I was sick to death of of the staple gun by the time I had finished the the upholstery.

draw handle I made from sash brush.

glueing up the zinc ready for covering the top.

Canvases attached to sub frame

soldered corners with copper nail studding.

Sticking with the themes of till counters white gloss post laminated counter unit with solid beach top.

If youv ever wondered who buys the festool cup hook device...

PICTURE FRAME RETAIL UNITS. sticking with the theme of artist gallery/studio here are some retail units to look like picture frames for displaying clothes and shoes etc, designed and built by myself.

CNC perspex template i made for cutting the slots in the sapilie for the metal brackets and rails to sit in.

Finished slots.

assembled back frames.

assembled frame with front moulding and shelf in place with the old man, my dad stood helping me move the things around, they were 8'x6' in size

showing removable shelf brackets in action, this alowed re positioning of shelves as required.

assembled shelves with brackets. (all metal work done in house)

Finished with gold painted mouldings in shop.

And a few of the finished shop. All the floating shelves and shadow brackets were made by myself to, including on site install.

Part of the workshop reasonably tidy from a while ago.

I also do oak framing, this was a project I did down in the bath area, 20m x 6m farm shop extension. I'm on the left :)

Some radiator covers...

custom bed head...

And some assorted pictures of some work for a shop in Richmond. I was issued this pitch pine by the customer who had sorced it from a reclamation yard in newcastle. It was from a old bridge that burnt down, and was in a really bad way when we got it, SWMBO at the time spent hours and hours on the belt sander and RO. i would have killed for a wide belt! None of the boards were the right size so all had to be ripped and joined together. For scale, the book case was 9'x5'. The copper rail was for hanging clothes underneath.

Anyways thats enough pictures for now. I hope you all enjoyed having a look through them, I look forward to your comments and getting to know you all a little better.

Regards, Sam.

G'day Sam and welcome to the forum. You're up late :)
Some nice quirky pieces there. I particularly like the brush handle.

wellywood":20cqpdv1 said:
G'day Sam and welcome to the forum. You're up late :)
Some nice quirky pieces there. I particularly like the brush handle.

The joys of insomnia! The brush handle was my favourite to :) for a while I was making brush handles for people who had seen that one installed in the shop!

Welcome Sam,

nice set of interesting photographs there. You obviously know your stuff!

I'm new to carpentry as I did some many years ago and have just rekindled my interest. Know your area as my Aunt just moved to Milford-on-Sea, next to you. Lovely location to be in. Good luch and have a great New Year

Alex

Hello Sam, welcome to the forum, I enjoyed the photos. That's an impressively diverse portfolio you have...and you do some of your own metalwork too, that's a big bag of skills you've acquired, well done!

heatherw":1hdoo451 said:
Very interesting, you did a wonderful job with the zinc. How thick was it?

from what I can remember it was 1mm thick, but think It measured out at more like .8 didn't have a box and pan so had to get the old hammers out on the edges to fold it over the former after sticking it to it with contact adhesive.

I still have a big of cut so keep saying I must do something with it.

Berncarpenter":1lteqxwl said:
Not bad for a man with a dodgy thumb :shock: Only joking welcome Sam i am very impressed with the work .

Cheers Bern :D

Haha, the metal stand off brackets that are holding the picture frames off the walls were the very thing that I got the odd thumb from!

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures of your work.
I found it very interesting.
And I also liked your Sash Brush handle, what a great idea! :)

Now that's what I call versatile! Super ideas and super execution.
Treat yourself to a box and pan folder - saves so...o....o...o...o...o much time and bruising (of person and the metal!)

Latest posts

Back