Gardenlarch Workbench review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaWoodster

Established Member
Reaction score
I needed a 'sturdy' bench for my new lathe and considering I don't have access to any other worktables, a table saw, a planer or a sander etc...I had to start with a pre-made kit.

After much searching I found a relatively local supplier who had an ebay listing for this http://www.gardenlarch.co.uk/work-bench-145m-5ft-40mm-beech-top-64-p.asp Larch based, Beech topped bench at only £150 collected.

When I collected it I managed to get 4 more leg sections for an extra tenner and scrounged a sizable chunk of turnable scrap african hardwood!

The bench was very simple to build, only a joiners square and a screwdriver required, but 2 clamps came in handy, it took about 30 minutes then I finished the top with cellulose sanding sealer and Danish oil.

It is a very heavy pile of wood!

Wd4IauC.jpg

Initially it was pretty sturdy, but I wanted to cut down on the small amount of back and forth wobble in the table so I added the cross sections and now it has zero wobble!

FRiqRrx.jpg

Paul.

Back