Garage workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saleemtaibjee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. We are planning a new garage which will be partly for woodwork, also for general storage, bikes, etc. Any advice on partitioning or screens to avoid wood dust getting everywhere?

Hi. We are planning a new garage which will be partly for woodwork, also for general storage, bikes, etc. Any advice on partitioning or screens to avoid wood dust getting everywhere?
I simply used CLS and 9mm ply.

Stupidly I put the cls on the woodworking side and it collects dust!

I found a couple of internal doors for free to link them.

I did the same as Jameshow, but I boarded both sides. The back 2/3 of the garage is for woodwork, front 1/3 utility room for freezers, tumble dryer (condensing so it doesn't affect the wood much) and storage. Used a spare internal door i had to connect both. Make sure the door is big enough to accommodate the biggest thing your ever likely to make :)

Stud frame is simply screwed into the brick walls, so if it ever needs to come down, it won't take much effort.

I also boarded out the ceiling - T&G pine for this. Insulated all round and it rarely drops below 2c regardless of outside temps.

Oh and the best thing I did was swap the up and over door for two Barn style doors. The track for the U/O door used to protrude through the stud wall. You can see the patch up job i did on the mdf - not pretty but functional.

As there is no natural light in there, i have 4 led daylight lights - works a treat.

1668942566807.png

Back