full mortise lock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really understand the difference between a half and full mortice lock.
Whilst this means I can't help you :? I'd like to learn the difference.

Can you post a link to a half type please?

TA

Bob

Hello Bob

The reason you might not have heard of them is they could possibly be American terms but i am not sure, I had not heard of the terms (Half & Full) before until i started searching. The full mortice lock sits in a mortice, and the half sits in an rebate.

Simon

Hi Simon.
A quick search reveals that some (if not all) of the locks are made in Spain.
Do you have any contacts in Spain? If not, would you like me to ask a friend to see if he can find a source out there?

Jim

thejhw":2nojom59 said:
Hi Simon.
A quick search reveals that some (if not all) of the locks are made in Spain.
Do you have any contacts in Spain? If not, would you like me to ask a friend to see if he can find a source out there?

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the kind offer, might take you up on it if i have no luck in the UK. I am intrigue to no how you found out they are made in spain?

Simon

9fingers":35yn0jbg said:
I don't really understand the difference between a half and full mortice lock.
Whilst this means I can't help you :? I'd like to learn the difference.

Can you post a link to a half type please?

TA

Bob

If you look on the left hand side of the linked website you will see a half mortised lock. It looks like a full one is completely in the wood where as a half is exposed on the in side of the box

Hi

Viola make brass fittings and as mentioned they are in spain

http://www.viola.biz/english/wooden_boxes.htm

the only sell in bulk but if you only need one email them saying you are intrested in the full mortise lock(attach a image) and would it be possible to get a sample(it worked for me) and they also have a catalogue.
They seeem to supply the locks to the USA only but the cheapest is Horten Brasses

The locks are of the finest quality for their size I have seen

cheers
Ian

Back