Frozen Shoulder?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBen

Established Member
Reaction score
So last night I sat down on the beanbag to watch a film.
She was watching some rubbish on the big TV so I was relegated to the kids TV.

Anyway, for the last 30 min or so I was leaning on my elbow.
When the film finished, I got up and Oh My God! The pain in my left arm was incredible.

Since then, I've had a dull ache and not been able to lift my arm much above waist height without considerable pain.
No strength in my arm either.

After eliminating many of the google suggested causes, I'm left with frozen shoulder.

Has anyone had this before?
How long did it last?
How did you get rid of it?

Can't get to the docs til Monday so thought I would ask here.

I can't put it down to old age as I'm only 30.

my dad had a frozen shoulder! after a ten foot fall broke his collar bone dislocated shoulder and broke several ribs! u get a frozen shoulder from it healing on the joint from not moving it during the healing process. my dad had to go under anesthetic and have it broken again to get it fixed.

not sure if that helps......

hope its better soon try strong rub on ibuprofen might help.

regards rick

Good job it "s not your right shoulder,,assumeing you are right handed,,hell man you would have to drink left_handed,,

I had my first knee replacement four years ago. During initial recovery I had to use my left arm, to help lever myself up from my armchair. Over-use strained the shoulder joint, and now I can't stretch my arm to reach for anything, without a sharp pain in the joint. I can lift it higher than shoulder level, but only if I am careful of the way I do it.

When I had the second knee op, I borrowed a high, 'wing-chair', so I could stand without the need to push myself upright. I don't know if this is frozen shoulder, but it's only rest that has any effect on relieving it.

HTH and get well soon!

I sometimes get a "dead" arm in the left arm after a long drive in the van (800mile round trip). Very painful for a couple of days and very difficult to raise my arm, but then wears off

My only experience of Frozen Shoulder was with a nice joint of rare breed pork.
3 hours in a slow oven sorted it out nicely :lol:

I shouldnt laugh as a true frozen shoulder can take a 3 year cycle to burn your way through. Its painfull and the pain can prevent sleep, it needs physiotherapy to speed recovery and prevent reduced movement. May be associated with diabetes as its more common in these people. Better hope its a bruised rotor cuff injury or a trapped nerve.
But I did laugh at the gag with the frozen joint.

Rend.

I did realise after posting that the OP might not appreciate the humour, so sorry if it was inappropriate.
I suffer from serious elbow pains and extremely dodgy knee joints, so I understand the pain and frustration caused when bits of you stop working as they should.
Roast Pork does help take your mind off it though!!

Well I've taken various drugs today and had some deep heat stuff rubbed on my shoulder.

It feels a little better but still hurts.

I'm amazed at how fast it occurred and the fact that I wasn't doing anything at the time.

Maybe it's a punishment for not being in the workshop.

Zeddedhed":shofam4e said:
I did realise after posting that the OP might not appreciate the humour, so sorry if it was inappropriate.
I suffer from serious elbow pains and extremely dodgy knee joints, so I understand the pain and frustration caused when bits of you stop working as they should.

Nah! It made me laugh.

You can say what you like, I don't get offended.

Zeddedhed":753em7d0 said:

Ref the roast pork and its distracting properties. I'll let you know tomorrow after lunch! :D (Mustn't forget the apple-sauce, like I did last time.) :oops:

Ibuprofen. You'll live! Please don't waste the doctor's time.....go see a good physio. It's muscular. Probably only a temporary impingement around the acromioclavicular joint.

I had an operation on my should to remove some bone and calcium and after having it in a sling for a couple of weeks I started some gentle Physio and developed a frozen shoulder, after looking it up on the internet I discovered that it "could" take three years to return to normal, that wasn't a good prospect re work and everyday things. Started working with my Physio on my shoulder with an exercise sheet to enable me to do it at home and 7 months later I had full movement but not the same amount of strength which at 57 I didn't really expect it to come back 100%.
So my advice FWIW is work with a good Physio to get some movement going and good luck.

I had this a few years ago after a motorbike crash. came on quite quickly and I thought it would go with time. Well 6 months later and I couldn't wash my hair, hold a cup easily or grip anything tightly.

Several sessions with a Physio sorted it. They tried manipulation, didn't work, they tried infra red, that didn't work, they tried acupuncture, that didn't work either but ultra sound or microwave (Cannot remember which) and excercises had it sorted in two sessions.

It was the muscles that go over the shoulder blade that were damaged. I was more than twice your age though.

I really feel for you.

Mick

Back