Freud Replacement Blade for Makita BSS611Z?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for replacing my stock Makita blade in the LXT Circular Saw (BSS611Z)?

I've heard alot of people say good things about Freud blades, and the closest i can find is this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freud-LCL6M-Cir ... B00NWI2SOI

The Makita blades specifically say they are for cordless saws, does that matter or is it just hype to re-buy their own brand?

Hopefully someone has this setup and can let me know.

Cheers

I've got the Makita cordless saw and also have 4 of the Makita blades intended for it (for the life of me I can't off-hand remember the differences between them, though one is for knots and nails etc). These perform differently depending on use (cross-cut, rip, solid wood, laminate, ply etc). I've not tried any Freud blade in it but blade selection is really down to the job you intend to use it for. The Freud blade you've linked to is really for very fine cuts across grain such as for picture framing in a rigid mitre saw and is doubtless very good for this. It may not perform great handheld nor for ripping. The freud is also slightly wider in kerf than Makita (though by the thickness of a sheet of paper or two).

I found the standard Makita blade to be pretty good and was able to rip both pine and green oak to full depth. I wouldn't say don't get the freud but there are other Makita blades and these cost about £16-£17.

Back