Freebie anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil1975

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't post in the for sale section, as I haven't got enough posts yet & I don't want to spam other peoples' posts just to get above 20.
Anyhow, my Woodstar planer thicknesser has decided to kill its feed gears (which look like pot metal). It's not worth repairing it & I plan to replace it with something more robust. If anybody can use it for parts (tables, fence, switch, motor etc) then you're welcome to it - seems a waste to bin it.
I'm near Yeovil if you want to collect.
If you know anybody selling something along the lines of a single phase 13a Sedgwick PT255/260 then I'm all ears.

There's been some interest in this, but nothing firm yet.
It's taking up space in the workshop, so if there's no takers by the weekend It'll be going in the skip. Although it's not the greatest machine there are still a lot of good parts on it which somebody might find useful?

Hi Phil
is it the pt85?

they are not the best, I have one and do use it
if u have no takers I would like the plastic tray (mines cracked)and knives if I may
would pay postage

Steve

Steve,

It's a PT 106. Agreed it's not the best, but it does (well it did) get the job done. That's why I'm not bothering to fix it & am getting something a bit beefier to replace it.

You're welcome to any bits you want off it, providing nobody comes & takes the whole thing away by the Weekend.

that a shame...wrong size

good luck with finding it a home, someone will regret not grabbing it when theirs break

Steve

Phil,

I have the same planer thicknesser, and my motor has decided to eat itself. I am nowhere near Yeovil, and I know that the motor is a big old lump of tin. If nobody comes to collect it this weekend, could you possibly look to box it up and ship it? I would obviously pay for shipping plus a few beer tokens for your effort of getting it off.

Pete

Ive tried sourcing the parts for this but even though I have a parts list none of the people I have contacted have come back to me so if anyone is able to get the parts I could email you the parts list for this as you may have better luck than me.

thanks

Colin

Pete,

You have PM.

Colin,

Agreed! I would suspect you would have better luck sourcing second hand hens teeth, which is partly why mine's not getting repaired.

If mine can be used to somebody's benefit or to help another machine live a little longer then that's all good!

Back