Free access to FWW.com for a month

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike perhaps your software is a bit sensitive !
It doesnt like any questions re addresses perhaps.

Otherwise if true, Alf better take a holiday :roll:

ByronBlack":mwputfdt said:
It's now the first place I go to when I need some info - great site.
I think we should take the hump at that, Byron [-(

devonwoody":3ico4ci8 said:
Mike perhaps your software is a bit sensitive !
It doesnt like any questions re addresses perhaps.

Otherwise if true, Alf better take a holiday :roll:

Well im not saying it IS a phishing site but my software is definitely not sensitive as this is the first and only time its happened! and I regularily buy stuff ont tinterenet :shock:

I certainly hope it is not a dodgy site but its best to be carefull. I will probably email them.

Mike

Well all I can say is it worked for me - dovetailed into my existing Taunton log-in without a murmur and I'm now 600-odd articles to the good. I do wonder whether already being signed up to Taunton helped? My hunch would be that Taunton are upholding their "muppet" rating when it comes to software choices, 'cos nothing I've seen suggests it's anything but legit - and I'm very careful about that, especially when passing on a link.

Cheers, Alf

As far as I can ascertain without contacting Porter-Cable is this site is a marketing agency, most likely a company PC hired to run this campaign.

Everything links to the appropriate Delta or FWW pages. Obviously this too can be spoofed.

However, everyone I know who did not previously have access to FWW's web site as regards unfettered access to membership only content has indeed gotten it. Therefore I surmise that this is legitimate--else they would have had to hack into FWW's subscription database.

I think it was a wonderful offer.

Take care, Mike

devonwoody":2n0t60sw said:
Only problem is Mike, I have been watching and haven't been able to get in my workshop and do any work. :roll:

I liked the tenon video where the chap had 4 hardboard plates down and then removed each plate after a pass until he was at base. It avoided the need to keep changing height of router cutter.

Ha DW!

I can only imagine what their connection must be because I never experience a site slowdown. And now with this free offer!

I use to subscribe to FWW, then dropped to purchasing it from my local book shop. Over the years these things take up so much room. So I took to photo copying the articles of interest and filing them. But that got to be a hassle, I stopped photocopying, the magazines took over every shelf in my office.

So I tried the FWW on-line subscription for one month. I found their site so useful, I finally did the year subscription. And I'll probably do the three year sub when this one expires.

But back on-track, I'll bet their servers are working so hard because everyone I know who has taken advantage of this offer is a download demon right now! And there is so much there...

Take care, Mike

Benchwayze":6quiy8su said:
Scrit":6quiy8su said:
ByronBlack":6quiy8su said:
It's now the first place I go to when I need some info - great site.
I think we should take the hump at that, Byron [-(

My thoughts entirely Scrit!

Byron your words wound... :whistle:

John :)

Well the reason I posted that was because the help and information that i've gratefully been the recipient of over the last couple of years from this forum has been so good and so concise and informative, that i'm now in the position where I know enough that I don't need to burden the good nature of the forum members for more basic questions - i'm now equipped with the knowledge and tools - provided by said forum members, to search out some answers for myself.

I then rely on the fantastic minds of this membership when I require some clarification or if I feel my dumb-a$$ questions would benefit other dummies like myself.

(Have I absolved myself yet, or shall I grovel a little more?? :lol: )

In all seriousnes, both resources (UKW and FWW) are well worth being members of - I like FWW for the downloadble PDF's of jigs and fixtures and diagrams, and I like the UKW for it's collective encylopedic knowledge, and tourette style outbursts :wink:

ByronBlack":27598pu9 said:
(Have I absolved myself yet, or shall I grovel a little more?? :lol: )
More! More! Encore! Bis! :lol:

And incidentally, a UK congrats on the high praise for your saws in the current issue, Mike. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":d6fcihxt said:
...And incidentally, a UK congrats on the high praise for your saws in the current issue, Mike. :D
Thank you, Alf!

It was indeed nice to see (been sweating how it would play out), and the circumstances surrunding what saws were reviewed was nice.

And, like I have mentioned on a couple other forums...the encouragement and moral support I have received from y'all since starting down this path far outweighs the financial gain. I don't think I could have made it through all the long hours without the kind words you--each and every one of you--have given me. While the boys do not participate on forums, they do read the responses when I have posted pictures. It also gives them quite a boost.

Again, thank you, Alf, and each person here.

Take care, Mike

Roy Clarke":v8tyrxvw said:
Has this offer expired?

Expired today I think - looks my free trial has finished too :( good while it lasted though :)

That explains why, even though I deleted all the relevant things I could think of, I still couldn't re-register :cry: Now I'll have to think about £18 for a subscription :cry: :cry:

Back