Frame Fixings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My boss has used these type of screws to fit some doors and he thinks they are excellent ................ he said that they are easy to use, so I guess that they can't be to hard to get in

I've used these a few times. Excellent as long as you drill the right size hole. It needs to be a little smaller than the diameter of the screw. Too small and you won't get the screw in without a struggle. Too big and you will be .....well, you get the picture.
They produce a really strong fixing. Window fitters use them a lot. That's where I got the idea. They will carry a lot of weight.
Cheers.

SF

You shouldn't need anything too powerful. Remember screws have a cramping action which only comes into operation right at the end of its travel. If the screw/fixing gets too tight half way in the pre-drilled hole is too small.

Shultzy":1r3x4mpj said:
If the screw/fixing gets too tight half way in the pre-drilled hole is too small.

Or the hole may be the right size, and just filled with brick dust from drilling the hole. Clean it out by running the masonry drill in and out a couple times.

You don't need anything too powerful for driving the screw. But for drilling the hole, a decent hammer drill, and preferably SDS drill (even a cheapie) makes it go easier.

Brad

Back