Fox dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my one last week great bit of kit plenty power only problem i had was the b***** instructions where in french and the pictures didn't help much either but good solid piece of gear.
Jim

Probably too late for you but if you open the link posted by BMac and click on the picture of the Manual you can download it in a multilanguage version (including English).

It's a bog standard, carbon copy, Chinese manufactured model that many of the companies have branded and stocked. Mine is NuTool and I really rate it. Just don't ask me how much I bought it for :shock: :lol:

I have one and it's great.

The manual for mine was French too but it's pretty obvious how it goes together and instructions are for girls anyway!

Mike

Thanks guys,

I was impressed that a guy bought one of these for his joinery shop last week and came back the next day and bought four more. I have been reading dust extraction threads on many forums for many months but became frustrated that I couldn't put my finger on the perfect system...until I read about Mike's drop box and that solved a lot of problems. So, thanks Mike you've done me a huge favour.

On the subject of thanks, I would just like to give a general 'thank you' to you all because the advice you've given me and other advice I've read has been very helpful indeed.

You are a good bunch.

Brendan

Hi.

What's the noise level like on one of these exctractors? I've been meaning to get one for a while but have been put off by the thought of a continuous drone similar to my air compressor.

At the mo, I use my shopvac if I'm routing but it's so bloody loud I tend to go without most of the time.

Bryn, these HVLP extractors are much kind on the ears than your average compressor and even a vacuum cleaner. You can quite easily hold a conversation with one of these extractors running in the background. Only thing to be aware of is that they can amplify the noise generated by thicknessers and the like (not by much though!. :wink:

That Fox machine has a similar spec. to the Axminster ADE2200. There's also a very similar SIP machine sold by Rutlands. But, this Fox is cheaper than both.

theyre all the same. I've had a good look around the Axi one and the Lyndhurst one and both are identical to my NuTool

I've been looking at one of these or an Axminster ADE2200 as a source of a fan unit for my cyclone. On the Fox unit, are both the primary inlet and outlet from the fan housing 125mm diameter? That would make life easier for me when it comes to connecting soil pipes (I'd like to use 160mm pipe and have been reading the 'traffic cone' thread with a lot of interest!). The square bit on the top of the housing looks like it's crying out to have a square drain hopper bolted to it!

The ADE2200 housing looks nicer quality and if the ratings and cfm figures are to be believed, the Axminster is more efficient, but it's £100 more which is a fair bit considering I'll be immediately butchering the whole thing!

Back