Found source for small quantities hardwood in Halifax area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_H

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought several small selections of oak, beech, meranti etc. from Woodworx in Ovenden in Halifax. Jon Scaife who runs it sells small amounts of off cuts on eBay as igothelot or from his workshop in Ovenden (open weekday mornings only).

Nice guy, very helpful and a good supply of a range of hard woods in small quantities at reasonable prices. Useful for small projects and boxes etc.

Might be useful for anyone around this area looking for small amounts of hardwood.

Hi Tim_H,

Could you give more contact details please? I am just over the hill, both ways, near Queensbury and this looks very useful.

Thanks, xy

You can contact Jon by email on woodworx2012 at gmail.com (it may take him a while to respond, usually next day) and at his shop on 07847399491.

The address is "The unit at the bottom of Keighly Drive, Ovenden, HX2 8HD", you can't miss it is a white shop with Woodworx on it. His contact details etc. are from his ebay site igothelot, which is worth a look to see some of what he is selling, he has a lot more.

I would recommend giving him a ring or emailing to make sure he is there, as he is usually only there weekday mornings, from 9.00 to 12.00.

Tim

This is what I came away with.
IMG_20140426_175603.jpg

I will mostly be using it for box making, minor furniture repair, possibly laminating my workbench top (wip) and maybe for the top surface of the rest of my workshop floor, so the small sizes work fine for me.

Too many plans not enough time!

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_20140426_175603.jpg
    IMG_20140426_175603.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 52
Back