Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a Shop Fox W1677 3hp cabinet saw with the 52 inch rails and the Shop Fox Classic fence.

I would not trade it for any other.

williek69":36u45eqd said:
I own a Shop Fox W1677 3hp cabinet saw with the 52 inch rails and the Shop Fox Classic fence.

I would not trade it for any other.

And do you have some work to show us. Us lot are always interested.

I have a Scheppach tkg 260i, which was a surprise present at Christmas :D

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "proper" table saw, as it's a mitre saw with a table, but as I'm retired it will have to do until the lottery comes up :roll:

Paul

May I be the first to add a Bosch GTS 10 into the mix. Am I missing something here? Great "bench" type tool. Impressive table size, fence and accuracy. Powerful motor for a non induction machine.
Mind you I would be happy. I got it for £260 new from a freak stock clearance. Would not have paid some of the silly prices asked elsewhere.

Went a different route and opted for the Festool TS55 with guide rail and accessory kit. Small workshop so space saving is a very big issue for me and this is where the festool (any hand held circular saw to be honest) will come out trumps.

Mods. Need to remove RSTS12 from the list too.

Andy

Sedgwick TA315 and more than proud of it!!!!!!
BOMB PROOF BRITISH engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarke CT 10" ( inherited) but i couldnt get anything bigger in my shop even if i wanted to and i do :cry: (Sip TS looks nice for the price) but its a good little saw , even if it is the noisiest thing ive heard other than Concorde :D

Scheppach TS2500ci. Had it a week now, but only really started using it in anger this morning. Only complaints...........Instructions and non standard mitre slots.

Wadkin Bursgreen 12" AGS from the late 1960s.

A classic piece of British Engineering. Bought with a layer of rust all over the table, fence rails, fence, and even some of the painted surfaces. I got a manual from Wadkin Ultracare (very helpful) and took a wire brush in the mini grinder to it. Three months of cleaning up the rust and paint dust from all over the shed later, I painted it with fresh Hammerite and it's now assembled, aligned, and doing a sterling job. Spending the same on a new machine as I did on buying and doing that up would have got me something nowhere near as robust, and without the same satisfaction level.

Tiger turnings
What a first posting and welcome.

Please keep us posted on your projects and a statement whether you are a hobbyist or pro.

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum. :D

Its good to have another Wadkin owner here, there are a few of us now. :)

Any chance of you posting a few pictures of your saw? I promise not show then to my 10" AGS, don't want to upset it. :whistle:

Hi all, thanks for your kind comments.

I'm a hobbyist as I'm studying full time for a degree in physics, so I can't spend as much time woodworking as I'd like to.

I've put some photos of the saw and my work, along with a lengthy note on the restoration, on my website at http://www.tigerturnings.lir.dk

DaveL and the other Wadkin owners may be interested in the woodman1229us Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woodman1229us/ which has been created for discussing Wadkin machinery, though it's currently rather quiet.

Latest posts

Back