Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
I too have a Triton 2000. I have been using Triton more or less since they started. I would like a Kity 419 but it is out of my price range, with the ext. tables etc. have also been looking at the Rexon ST2500 but don't know too much about that, don't know anyone who has one. But I can't complain about the Triton really. for my bracket I think it is very hard to beat.
Cheers.
Trev.

have to agree with Lee (Seaco)
I know there are some who have no time for 'our Norm' But not having had the chance of an apprenticeship (to busy doing the long- haul around the country to raise a family) I learnt a lot from watching him, as I'm sure many more have done.
Cheers
Trev.

why would you say it's rubbish (after i just bought one :cry: )

I do know that it's not too stable and the rip fence is pretty poor but wondered your reasoning. This is why i'm building mine into a more stable unit with a better rip fence

Andy

Sorry LyNx, hope i didn't upset you - i have had this for a couple of years now and perhaps i was a bit harsh in calling it rubbish - it's just that i find the fence to be a complete joke (try getting it parallel to the blade), but if you are fixing this good luck to you (you might also let me know how you get on!), i have also had to replace the blade mechanism as the thread got sheared. Dust extraction is also a pain because of the grill they added. In it's defence it is plenty powerful (i also replaced the blade with a decent one). - again, sorry to alarm you!l :twisted:

Not an alarm, just wondered your views.

I know what you mean about the grill over the extraction, it was hard enough trying to get the previous owners shavings out, not really sure on the reason for this. I did notice when cutting mdf that most still goes on the floor under the base unit :eek:

The fence really is rubbish though, i don't bother with the clamps that are supplied with the fence and just use a pair of g-cramps.

I have noticed that the rollers on the carriage do get a bit messy as i greased them up. I've just got a can of PTFE spray and going to try this.

As i've only owned mine for a few weeks (second hand bargain) then i haven't really set it all up. But i have found that either the motor isn't fitted parallel to the sliding carriage or the carriage isn't parallel to the motor :? but once in it's new home then i'll sort all that one.

One plus side, is the sliding carriage again. built a quick crosscut sledge and this gives a total crosscut of 700mm (unsupported) which is pretty good me thinks and i reckon i could squeeze some more mill out off that too.

Andy

A few years back I bought a Nutool HS1500 Table Saw from B&Q for something like £130 (they've come down to under a hundred now on the internet!). When I found one on an internet site that came complete with a stand I moaned to my local B&Q who refunded me the purchase price, then sold me the same unit back with a 10% discount, and a cheapo WorkBench to mount it on!. It ain't fancy but frankly I'm relatively new to real woodworking having spent many a long year on DIY fixing up the family home.
I dream of something more like the Axminster, Jet, Elektra Beckum or Scheppach table saws and more recently the Xcalibur units from Woodford Woodworking that are capable of taking the famous (infamous ?) Stack Head Dado Cutter featured so often in NYW.
Meantime I plan to make the NYW extension table set up for what Norm refers to as a "contractors saw". Pete L
8)

I have the Triton Workcentre 2000 with the Triton circular saw attached. No problems to date and very happy with it. It certainly does everything I (as a beginner) want and given it can be extended with other attachments, hopefully it can grow with my woodworking hobby.

Also purchased the router table for the workcentre as well.

Paul.

Recently acquired a secondhand SIP cast iron 10" and am delighted with it.

Light years ahead of my previous Record RSTS12 which was a huge dissapointment. I made the mistake at the time of buying it unseen on the basis of the Record name (I now know better !), a mag review and the spec which sounded good (induction motor, sliding table etc). Really lightweight and insubstantial and I actually actively avoided using it unless I really had to !

The SIP is a pleasure to use, with a proper fence and new crosscut sled that I knocked up (ala Norm), and with a new blade on it's way from the D&M show (has to be bored specially to 1" as not the standard 30mm bore unfortunately). Only reservation so far is a bit of slip in the mitre gauge/slots but will work on that at the weekend, until I can afford the Osbourne EB3 replacement !

Chisel, wont any of these fit.

SBB015_l.jpg

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=23230&name=SBB58&sfile=1&jump=0

I asked at the Freud stand at D&M about reducing bushes and was told that due to EU regs they were no longer allowed to sell me those !

But they offered to bore one to the appropriate diameter at no extra cost and post it off in a couple of days, at the 30% show discount price, so I was happy enough with that and haven't investigated any further.

Don't know if 30mm to 25.4mm bushes can still be obtained elsewhere ?

Hi all,
been busy for a while with the kitchen, now ripping out the fireplace. Anyway I used to have a Triton 2000 and before that the Mark 3 Triton, I have to say they are pretty good for a D-I-Yer. Bur I have finally got myself my first proper table saw a Rexon ST2500A with a sliding table. :wink: :D :D
The only reason I could afford this is I won it in an auction (Brand spanking and new)
I am still getting used to it yet, but I have to say it is a fun machine.
As one of my Grandchildren is expressing an interest in woodwork it looks like he will get a good start with all the workshop when I finally hop aboard the last cloud.
Cheers.
Trev.

Hi chaps this is my first post so here goes, my saw is a ryobi ETS 1525 £104 from toolstation, a bit cheap and nasty i know but it does the job given to it, the fence is a little naf, but precision isn't important for what i use it for i need to sort the fence out i think
but i will prob get a new saw before i get round to that.cheers.

Chris.

Welcome Chrisall to forum and no doubt you will have pleasure from your saw. However be warned that the desire for a bigger saw grows on you.

I've had four saws this year :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are not kidding,the amount of time i've drooled over all the top spec table saws as i've been walking round the various tool suppliers or on line is unreal
but maybe one day who knows,thanks for the welcome dw.

Chris. :)

Back