Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure Frank, you count. Especially now, since you got a proper avatar.

Rgds

Noel

I have updated the list with the saws of:
Kev, Johnb, UKTony, Pete, Philly (replaced your Record Select RSTS12), mickblee and Franck D.

Thanks everyone for continuing to contribute to this list :D

Hi,

I have an Elektra Beckum Secanta saw, which I picked up very cheaply when my local shop was having a major clearance. It suits me well although I am sure that it is not as accurate as "proper" saws.

Also, I have not found an alternative (cheaper!) source of blades because of the unusual size - 220 mm.

Howard

As I am primarily a woodturner, a circular saw is not the most important machine to me. I bought a Scheppach TS2000 with the idea it would be well suited to make small pieces for segmented turning accurately.

Hans

DaveL":3o9mjzj9 said:
OK some what embarrassed :oops: to admit that I have a B&Q Performance Power FMTC10TS.
But I hope there may be other low end table saw user/owners who might admit to their dark secret now they are not first :!:

Well here is a nice update.

I have given the FMTC10TS to one of my friends, this was not punishment, he has a Elu radial arm which is not positioned well for ripping.

I now have a WADKIN AGS 10" cast iron beastie. It was made in 1972 and looks like a British version of a Unisaw. :D

And I am setting it up to try out the dreaded dado cutter this afternoon. :roll:

Dave, as others who have found themselves on a road heading to Damascus, you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

Noel

Hi Dennis, glad to see you finally made it overhere.

Noel

Charnwood W615 with table extensions.

Definitely more a DIY Work machine than a cabinet makers, quiet in use, adequate power.
Fence clamping was not setup correctly on receipt and needed engineering knowledge to solve problem.
Blade alignment with mitre guides was out slightly.

Riving knife and guard/top dust extractor removed to allow channel cuts (fitted knife is actually higher than blade)

Mitre Tee Slots are diabolical.

OK for intended use, but needs additional jigs etc. to achieve any acceptable level of repeat accuracy with angular cuts.

Add another Scheppach TS2500 user to the list, I can well recommend the 2m sliding carriage.

hi all
ordered a scheppach ts2010 today at Ally Pally for £679.00. I have been umming and arring for a number of months and eventually took the plunge today. it was between the scheppach and kity 419. After talking with the dealer i was informed that the ts2000 wan no longer inproductionwhich i had previously been interested in. he had said it was that little bit too expensive for that part of the market.
Anyway shall be picking my new saw up soon from twickenham so shall have to make some room. Incidentily, can't fault the help i recieved and i enjoyed the show as a whole being my first one.
regards all
bad_hypertension

Latest posts

Back