Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure that I should admit it, but I have a Felder KF700P.

Seeing as we have an Altendorf F45 in the list already, I see no reason to be shy about a Felder!

Jake

devonwoody":1q3oggli said:
I have the triton 2000 workcentre.
My gear is now nearly 2 years old and using the same blade.

Another Triton 2000 (with makita 5903 CS), bought together second-hand 2 years ago for £175.:)

I cut bevels.
I assume you use their bevel guide for the bevels - how well do you find it works? I'm loathe to spend the ~£60 if it's no good. :wink:

I cut large panels 8x4 if I put up the sliding extension table.
I have the small sliding extension table, which copes with smaller sheets, but don't find it particluarly accurate - maybe I'm not being sufficiently careful when I set it up - any suggestions DW?.

I also have the router table (with Axminster 127R) which is pretty good IMHO.

Anyone got any experience of their jigsaw and planer adaptors?

Hi Pete?

I expect yopu know that you can reverse the fence supplied with your Triton 2000 and you have an automatic 45 deg. bevel. The guides at the bottom can be set by adjusting the screws set into the fence. If you find the bevel cuts satisfactory using this fence you can step up to the adjustable bevel fence it works on the same principle.
The angles are accurate but you do have to calculate where the cut starts, no doubt this is the same if using other table saws. I have usually run a test piece to check if cuts meet my requirements.
With regard to the planer attachment its ok for cleaning up timber after rippingetc. but most probably never designed to cope with wide boards etc.
Jig saw works, but I have a band saw so my jig saw gear is redundant.

Missed out my comments on the sliding table.
My table does cut accurately as long as the equipment is aligned up correctly. At the moment I add an extra mm. to any measurement requirement when using the saw as I am to lazy to to remove the saw and reset.
Can anybody with a sliding table saw of any make put through a sheet of 8x4ft, cut along the 8ft length, and swear the cut is accurate. How would they measure or prove their accuracy, you would need some very sophisticated equipment??

I have updated the list with tablesaws of Johnboy, paisawood, Nigel Turnbull and cambournepete.

The Kity 419 is now the most used tablesaw on the forum (6 owners)

devonwoody":3gnpz5fn said:
Hi Pete?

I expect yopu know that you can reverse the fence supplied with your Triton 2000 and you have an automatic 45 deg. bevel. The guides at the bottom can be set by adjusting the screws set into the fence. If you find the bevel cuts satisfactory using this fence you can step up to the adjustable bevel fence it works on the same principle.
The angles are accurate but you do have to calculate where the cut starts, no doubt this is the same if using other table saws. I have usually run a test piece to check if cuts meet my requirements.
With regard to the planer attachment its ok for cleaning up timber after rippingetc. but most probably never designed to cope with wide boards etc.
Jig saw works, but I have a band saw so my jig saw gear is redundant.

I'd forgotten about the turning round the guide for the bevel - I'll give it a go sometime.

Thanks for the response DW :D

Hello Neil

Newbie_Neil":rq2fk82s said:
Is it as good as everyone says?

Yes, the Felder is very good and consistent and after 6 months of use I have no complaints although the financial hit was hard at the time. There were a couple of minor teething problems (buckled saw blade and table alignment) which Felder sorted out as soon as I contacted them, but since then no problems.

Saw cuts true and is reasonably quiet with virtually no vibration. (I can stand a 50 pence coin on edge on the CI table and it won’t fall over even when crosscutting heavy timber.) Dust collection is pretty reasonable, but one of the key things is the consistency of the crosscut fences (1100mm for short pieces or 2800mm with outrigger for panels and longer timbers) which I have to take off at the end of each day in order to get the car back into the garage. They always go back at 90 degrees to the blade and I haven’t had to tweak them since the initial set-up. Mitre cutting, either with the fence or with the saw blade swivelled over works well producing accurate mitres for frames and boxes. Blade changing is fast and easy and scoring unit produces excellent results although fitting the scoring blade can be a pain as the bolt hole for the arbor tends to clog up with sawdust – particularly mdf!

The 2metre sliding table is very smooth ant the rip fence (Alloy fence bolted to cast iron mounting) shows negligible deflection.

Regards

David

Just installed a Scheppach TS2500 with 2m sliding carriage - possibly the last new non-cast iron 2500?? I decided to go for the larger sliding carriage so that I will always (??) have enough capacity.

Roy

Ike - its so new I'm still in the fondle stage :oops:

Woody - I haven't made much use of it yet, but so far am very pleased. I have been preparing 2" softwood and there is stacks of power for that. I used to go to classes at a workshop that had a huge cast iron job that was fantastic and for the first time I reckon I will be able to get similar results at home.

However, it took a lot of setting up - the instructions are very poor, mainly due to poor translation from the German (they make Japanese to English look masterpieces) and because all the parts are listed only in German or with order-reference numbers so it is difficult to cross-reference from diagrams to text. Given the number of users who have made similar comments, I'm surprised NMA don't write and supply a native-English (or at least, Yorkshire) guide.

The beam for the sliding carriage is a very solid job and much heavier than I expected so I am hoping to leave it in place, rather than remove and store it to create more space in a very crowded workplace.

when you get closer to a decision, drop me a note and I'll be happy to give you an update.

Hope this helps - Roy

Hi David

Sorry, somehow I missed your post.

Thank you for your "mini-review" of the Felder, I enjoyed it. I just keep saying to myself, "I am not jealous". :oops:

Cheers
Neil

Neil,

Unless I've not been paying attention how's the not so new machines. Last thing I remember it was van man, cardboard boxes and your goodself. I presume you got everything sorted and assembled. Time for a picture / review / update / passing comment / quick glance even?

Rgds

Noel, who has refrained from asking if the things have even been unpacked...............we need to know.

All
You can add further Triton 2000 to the list: Had it about 4 years now with a Triton saw. Works fine, a little noisy perhaps.

You can add another Scheppach 2500 (CI) to the list. Haven't used it extensively as yet, but very pleased so far.

Back