Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Kity 1619 with 2.1m sliding carriage, and side/rear extension tables. I find it to be an excellent machine, and the arbor takes my DW dado heads :?

Well this thread is doing really well :D
The forum is doing great and there are many new users every week. Please give your tablesaw details and make this poll a very useful indication of what the forum uses.

Thanks again to all who have entered their tablesaw.

Scheppach TS 2000 with sliding carriage and all the other bells and whistles. Cuts beautifully, sometimes! :eek:

SquareCircle":svg7b52n said:
Scheppach TS 2000 with sliding carriage and all the other bells and whistles. Cuts beautifully, sometimes! :eek:

Only sometimes? :? :eek:

P:S Welcome to the forums :D

Can't seem to keep the slide carriage running square, or the fence locking square to the blade. Sometimes hit, sometimes miss. :roll:
Perhaps its time to go back back to the shop made cross cut carriage. Worked a treat with the old saw (EB 315 TKS)

SquareCircle - I have the same saw with all the add-ons too. I don't haven't any problems but it did take a long time to set up!
Is the carriage sat tightly in the hanging attachment? I used some insulating tape as shims for extra security. Is the blade 100% square to the carriage fence?
Worth speaking with NMA (the Scheppach importer) - they are very helpful. I have some crib sheets they sent me for the TS2000 which may help you?
This is a precision saw - you should get a high level of accuracy. And for what you get it isn't cheap so I wouldn't accept less than that accuracy personally.
Cheers
Gidon

Hi All,

Kity 419 bought second hand a couple of years ago. Works well after some initial setting up. Has extension tables but as I only have a 10x8 shed I replaced them with a couple of home-brewed leaves a while ago. Nothing sophisticated but they do fold down when not needed.

Spunyarn

Like Aidan a Draper but mine was bought before DIY sheds started forcing the prices down. About £260 some years ago. The sole plate was lower than the table making small rip cuts difficult. I cured this with an old sky TV card cut into strips & fitted with double sided tape. Problem solved.
I wanted a Kity 419 with all accessories but have to think of the Lecky Becky 2500 now.
It looks as if it will fit my availible space better than the Sheppach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to lack of funds/space I've just got one of these from screwfix.

Took a while to put together but is pretty solid and stable.

Its quite basic with a poor rip fence( unable to tighten it sufficiently to stop it moving) but in its favour has a 2kw induction motor with 90mm of cut @90deg

On start up it howls like a stuck pig till up to speed then fortunately quietens down acceptably.

With a better fence arrangement it will definitely be a good addition and @ £139.99 economical too. Will probably need a decent blade.

Now, what to do about the fence. I've seen a remedy here @ the screwfix forum

"With regard to the problem of the loose Rip fence - here's how I tackled the problem :-

PHOTO

2 bits of Hardwood, bit of Plywood, M8 set screw, a couple of penny washers, and a hour or two's work !

When you want to adjust the fence just loosen the wing nut, when set, tighten the wing nut and that's it. The Rip fence is as solid as a rock.

Was cutting some very old Oak today for a framing job, and found the new fence so accurate that I didn't even need to put the resulting strips through the thicknesser afterwards.

Also made a new insert from Ply as bits kept falling down the huge gaps either side of the blade on the one supplied.

Happy woodworking !

Morph "

Now this looks a great idea, however my bench has to stand fairly hard up to a right-hand wall so its not an option as the adjusting piece would soon hit the wall

All I can think of is a surface clamp like I had used before when I had a circular saw suspended under a ply table.

Has anyone any ideas how I can improve my fence or indeed use some other method or home made fence etc.

cheers

billzee :)

[/url]

I could have sworn I'd seen that pic before bilzee. lmao
Better not give away the name on SFX forum :lol:

I've just bought a new Elektra Beckum table with the sliding extension etc, the difference between this and my previous table saw ( a red devil) is incredible, when you cross cut on it it looks like a planed edge!!. I have now taken the Red Devil to France where it is doing sterling service renovating my small house in Brittany. It is nearly finished, I just have one more Bedroom to decorate and then RELAX!!!. As a small warning, at Christmas in France, I was cutting a bit of 4x2 into lengths for noggins with the riving knife and guard removed as usual when an offcut kicked back and hit me in the stomach leaving the biggest bruise I have ever seen along with the edge marks of the timber which are still there 3 months later!. Be careful out there people.

Is that the PK200 jimborani?

That's what I want to save up for now you can't get the Kitty 419 with full kit

...kickback......Be careful out there people.

Too true. I stand normally offset to the front of the table if poss so if kickback does occur, I'm clear.

Lets hope you have learnt from that jimborani :shock:

Yes, I take all those comments on board, a little case of familarity breeds etc, I should know better, I was working outside on a lovely cold day and your mind wanders on the meaning of life, bam next thing you're doubled up in agony, luckily I'm fairly well padded around the midriff area ( too much red wine and french bread ). Take care

Just joined so here`s mine, EB PK200

116728250pVUwSH_ph.jpg

I keep meaning to get around to this
Mine is a 12 inch Ferm Contractors Saw.
About 200 quid when I bought it about four years ago.
But that was with the extension tables and wheels that are now extras.
Never used the extension table or the wheels though. The fence is the real rubbish on the system. The Saw itself cuts well as long as you don't want it for cabinet making without planeing afterwards.

John

:D Jim. lovely machines aren't they? I haven'tt actually attached all the sliding rail gizmos etc yet as I been busy finishing my workshop, pictures will follow later. I also bought a big extract system and I have just ordered the Trend full face mask with the 4 hour battery as the COSH sheets for MDF are a horrendous read. that should be coming tomorrow, full speed ahead then. good luck. Jimborani

As a forum newbie thought I would add what I use and I am another happy EB PK200 user.

B&Q Performance FMTC10TSL

The only good thing about it is the stand, which will come in useful for a bandsaw when I eventually decide what the replacement is going to be.

Back