Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It need's to be about the size of the Kitty 419 with attachments for B & Q money . I don't think it is a copy like the £200 delta saw and it is not a performance power one

I use a Ferm FZT 250 that's been modified heavily. Origonal fence was replaced with a length of 100x50x6mm wall section aluminium box section beam, blade changed to a Freud 40 tooth combination with a shop built zero clearence throat plate and the whole rig dropped into a custom mobile table that has generous outfeed and gives 30" rip capacity to the right of the blade. Table doubles as my workbench and assembly table.

Hi All
I have a Record Select RSTS12, 12inch blade and sliding table. Its pretty good for the money, although its not a Unisaw by any means! Nice big table area, although the Fence binds when you move it.
###UPDATE###
Now have my Unisaw! Its an Xcaliber 806 10 inch cabinet saw. Bye,bye Record. :wink:
Yippee!
regards,
Philly

Well it's ordered so I can (sort of an least) consider myself an owner of a Scheppach TS2500! I got the 1.4m sliding carriage and the right hand fold-downable table extension. It was also my excuse to (finally) buy a proper dust extractor so I splashed out on the Scheppach HA2600. I will need to make a small extension on the workshop as their is no space to keep those big dust bags inside. I considered a Charnwood but that had a 16amp surge requirement at switch on, and in addition to the table saw would have been higher than the rating of the cables I installed.

I'll keep you informed. (Also Homewood was £32 cheaper than Rutlands) when you factored in Rutlands "special delivery" charges, and Homewood set them up before they deliver, doing only final setup on site. I bet Rutlands get them shipped direct from NMA in a box and let you do your own setup.

A_L

Hi All :D ,

I've finally made my decision and bought the Scheppach TS2500 with wheel set, extraction kit, 1.4m sliding carriage and the right hand fold-down table extension.

I also got the Scheppach HA2600 extractor.

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice, hope to receive them either today or Monday.

Will keep you informed about my views

Thanks again :D

Michel

Congratulation Michel.

This brings the Scheppach far in the lead for the most used Tablesaw Brand by the Forum's members :!:
With 30 entries so far, 23% of the members are using Scheppach :idea:

I have a pkf 255

I have had it in storage for 12 months ??????? expensive tool to have at the bottom of my tool box :oops:
as you have the same saw could you elaborate on the fence adjustment and tightening as i think i have a bit missing

and also i would be gratefull if you could tell what the best settings are? :idea:
ie where to place the slide etc

Bagwell, I have started a new thread to answer you to keep this one for just referencing the table saws.

Kity 419 with sliding table.
Needed one I could move around the garage.
Glad I saved up for this one.......still wish it had wheels though

Electra Bekum PKF255 with the 1.8 sliding table. Lovely, but not perfect. Difficult to adjust. At the price, £1300 incl EB dust extractor, unbeatable
John

Replaced with Startrite STA300
John

kity 419 with sliding carriage & extension tables. Purchased from Woodcut just before they went bust and am horrified to hear that kity seem to be going the same way

AndyP

Heard this morning that the Kity management are trying to arrange a buy out. Hope the MBO is a success.

Rgds

Noel

Count me among the happy Scheppach TS2500 users ... :D

BTW - Asleitch & Michel - it's worth asking the Technical department at NMA to send you their own (hand-written from experience!) setup guide. The one that comes with the saw isn't the best ...

Cheapo £100 draper, need 2 pairs of ear defenders to be in the same room.

At least it keeps ya concentratin.

Aidan.

Back