Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Billzee, I didn't list out your home made table, but nice trick

.........oh yes, the board which has about 10 coats of varnish is hinged to the wall and comes with (2"x2")purpose built removable legs.( very solid when in position). The table lifts and folds up against the wall when not in use freeing up space. The saw has been placed in a routed out section (3/8" deep) on the undersdide. The sole plate of the saw is held very firmly at the four corners by countersunk bolts with special washers that have two protruding spurs (@ 90deg) )one which lips over the sole plate the other opposite that bites into the table making the whole unit very stable.

Ive lost about 9mm of cutting height from an original 66mm so its not too bad. Dust extraction is fair with use of my shop vac. I have also constucted a out feed table which is also hinged ( folds away when not in use) though I must admit both tables are used constantly for making , gluing up, biscuit cutting etc etc.

I call it the Billzee Special CYC :)

Started with a Black & Decker 8in saw beneath a piece of 3/4in plywood, progressed to my first proper table saw, a Wadkin AGS12 (single-phase, no less), then a Wadkin AGSP. Several saws later I am on a sliding panel saw.

Scrit

It's an Altendorf F45 (industrial) - best saw I've ever used. It replaced an older Altendorf F90

Scrit

What is it with men and statistics?! If you're not comparing your table saws you're comparing how much vroom your cars have got.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yours

Gill :) Just joking :wink:

Mines a Charnwood 10" table saw model W615 had a ferm 10" jobby befor this that was a bit naff, dont think what i have now is that much better. But one day will buy some thing like norm uses !.

Regards.... Eric...........

CYC - yep you are right I now have a Scheppach TS2000 as well as the Delta - but should be getting rid of that so you can change the stats if you like. I have to say I reckon the Delta machine is far better value! Not sure I'm getting five times as much machine with the Scheppach, but that's the way the cookie crumbles ...
Now, how much vroom (nice word Gill) does your car have?
Cheers
Gidon

Hi elvis----fan

I was thinking of getting the saw you have. What's the matter with it, I'd like to hear from someone who's tried it out.

cheers

Drew

Here's a vote for small workshops!

I have a Kity 419 with the extension tables and crosscut carriage. I'm very happy with it.

Phil

I've got a Rexon BT2500A - it is supposed to be "soft start" - I think this equates to being hit round the head with a copper mallet!! Other than that for the price, it cuts wood.

hi folks
my table saw is a Kity 1619 thats with its side extention 2m sliding carriage and outfeed support.
the out feed bit is a little naff and will be replaced by a laminate topped cupboard during the winter workshop weekends (winter wonder land song flashes though mind) :lol:
Dave W
nice site guys

The list is growing by the day. Thanks everyone for your input.

Scheppach is the most used brand by the forum's members so far, but we are seeing many Kity users turning up. It sounds like being at the race doesn't it? :D

I dont know if this counts but I use the Triton Power Saw in a Triton Workcentre.
Whilst not strictly a table saw it has all the same attributes plus the ability to mimic a radial arm as well.

A 10" Blackspur . Please don't laugh , i am thinking of upgrading to a £300
Site saw from B & Q any opinions

Are you wise???? 300 dabs on a B & Q branded machine. Unless I'm missing something I think you're bonkers. In nicest possible sense of the term, of course.....There's got to be EB or Sheppach or Record etc for that sort of dough.

Rgds

Noel

Back