Form, function or price

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Droool, grunt, gasp! You're going to have to produce some very fine work to match these fabudicious tools, green with tool envy, W2S

T'other planes arrived this week, a #62 and a 60 1/2 (plus a chip breaker driver).

Have to say, using these tools is pure joy and no regrets on the cost at all.

They do a dedicated driver for the chipbreaker screw? :shock: I feel lost! I've been using 1 pence.

MIGNAL":25ws5vko said:
They do a dedicated driver for the chipbreaker screw? :shock: I feel lost! I've been using 1 pence.

:lol: Extravagant I know, but all my large blade drivers are really long and make it a pain to change blades, besides it was actually not that much despite having a LN name to it. And no, I never ever thought to use a coin, doh!!!!

I use the cap iron, and I have not damaged one yet.

Pete

I have an Axminster cap-iron screwdriver which is more like a flattened front plane-knob. The blade part has a collar around it, which prevents slippage. Perhaps unnecessary, but it prevents the screwdriver slipping off and entering my hand. I am that cack-handed!

Adam

Racers":2coma6l1 said:

Pete

I presume you mean the lever cap? I've seen plenty of them damaged by using them to tighten and loosen the cap iron screw. I have my Dad's Stanley #5 which has a damaged lever cap because he used it as a screw driver.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I just use a large screwdriver. Small drivers aren't as convenient. They only make a special one because they know people will buy them, but they are completely pointless.

Paul Chapman":3vcw64rj said:
Racers":3vcw64rj said:

Pete

I presume you mean the lever cap? I've seen plenty of them damaged by using them to tighten and loosen the cap iron screw. I have my Dad's Stanley #5 which has a damaged lever cap because he used it as a screw driver.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Sorry, yes cap iron.

Pete

Latest posts

Back