FOR SALE: Two Power Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

While trying to create some more space in my workshop, I've come across these two power tools that I never use. While both look like Makita tools, I must point out that at least one (the router) of them is FAKE! It was something my dad bought of an Irishman in Cyrpus a few years ago, or so the story goes... :roll: The drill might have the sticker (!) but, I wouldn't like to say it was genuine.

First up then, the router:

4379066010_6e2f63f08f.jpg

At first glance, yes, it does look very similar to the popular 3612 model [I also have one of these but, it's genuine and I'm keeping it!! :p :wink:].

It comes with a 1/2" collet and a couple of reducers though, this is only a single-speed machine. It's a bit more noisy than the real thing and, when cutting grooves for example, I have noticed a bit of cutter/collet deflection (as you would expect from a cheap sub-£100 router). A new collet and better quality cutters may or may not cure this... There is a side fence and fine adjuster knob for setting the plunge depth, plus a couple of cheap straight cutters, two guide bushes and I will find the collet spanner. Oh, and a spare pair of carbon brushes, for some reason.

And the drill:

4379069020_4c9f805cbf.jpg

I guess it would be classed as a 'cordless hammer drill'? I'm pretty sure it's not an SDS. Comes with the front handle, depth stop, spare battery pack, charger and a small bag of small HSS drill bits. I haven't really used this drill much (I now have an SDS) so, can't really comment.

4378314497_d5e2f7278e.jpg

I'm open to offers to on both tools (my dad payed about £100 each) and could send them by courier for an extra £10. Collection is also welcome.

(Magazines are now reserved for Pete.)

Thank you for looking.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Olly.

Back