FOR SALE: Silverdrive Statesman lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
With my workshop now virtually cleared after the tool sale (thanks everyone), the last major item I have left is the Silverdrive Statesman lathe. I thought this was sold at the end of last year but I got messed about by someone who really only wanted to ask questions about it, he was due to come for the lathe but then seemed to disappear. Not a member of this forum may I add.

The lathe is the one featured in the Woodturning magazine Issue 165. It is complete with all the bits as it came from Silverdrive. The price of the 280 when new was £2800, I am open to any reasonable offers. Anyone wanting further details can contact me with a PM through the site.

Anyone interesting in a test drive on the 280 is quite welcome to come and have a play, just send me a PM through the site. All I ask is that the interest is genuine and not as before.

Cheers
Mike

Silver0057.jpg

Silver0064.jpg

Silver0069.jpg

Silver0062.jpg

Wow!

If my lottery numbers come up on Wednesday - I'll have it!
Unfortunately at the moment I couldn't afford the toolrest handle....

Not THAT's a lathe. You're about 2 months too early. No funds atm :cry: :wink:

Allen, I thought you had that and was going to talk nicely to you when i got over in Aug. :eek: :eek: :shock: :lol:

Guess it's back to the drawing board! REgards Boysie

boysie39":301i3hzg said:
Allen, I thought you had that and was going to talk nicely to you when i got over in Aug. :eek: :eek: :shock: :lol:

Guess it's back to the drawing board! Regards Boysie

I wish :lol: cant justify 2 BIG lathes :cry: or can I :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Let me see :p :p

If Allen buys it. He wont still have it in Aug!! :wink: :lol:

When one is posting messages one should be very aware of who is inthe vicinicty and who can see over ones shoulder, especially if one is planning to go into secret negeocations about a change of lathe.
Luckily i'm very happy with the one I have now, and which is going to be with me for a very long time . OUCH! and I thought the security system on my pc was the best there was. Am turning computer desk to face door. OH well she never looks in the boot of the car,or does she?
Heed this warning REgards Boysie

boysie39":pr2ekywn said:
When one is posting messages one should be very aware of who is inthe vicinicty and who can see over ones shoulder, especially if one is planning to go into secret negeocations about a change of lathe.
Luckily i'm very happy with the one I have now, and which is going to be with me for a very long time . OUCH! and I thought the security system on my pc was the best there was. Am turning computer desk to face door. OH well she never looks in the boot of the car,or does she?
Heed this warning REgards Boysie

Woops ! rumbled :lol:

Latest posts

Back