For Neil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are the photos of the clamp I made for the dovetail jig.
DSCN1409.jpg

DSCN1408.jpg

DSCN1407.jpg

ok mailee, will give it a go, my jig is a little different, so we'll see how we get on, eh?

I will post some pix for you to see, and you can tell me what you think. The jig I have been using is really not the one, so I don't suppose it could get much worse!!

I have been considering the merits of biscuit joints, and of dowels. And comb joints too. I think dovetails are lovely, but lets be honest, there are SO many alternatives nowadays there is always an option.

I bought a dowel jig from silverline ( who I think are great for stuff like this- awful for power tools, but jigs and static stuff, stuff that can't really go wrong too much are great) and it has really made me think about using dowels in some instances. If the dovetail jig works as well as the dowel jig I got then I shall go that way, otherwise it looks like I may need a few thousand dowels!!!!

Thanks for posting that, mailee, makes me feel important!!!

Will speak soon buddy,

NEIL

I find it easier to make the clamp unattached
clamp1.jpg

It makes it easier to position the workpiece under the fingers with equal spacing.

clmp.jpg

and it locks up well,

Back