For Julies Mother-in-law

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bennett

Established Member
Reaction score
vv [/UR

[URL=http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/RBBennett39/media/IMGP0378_zps033a38f2.jpg.html]
This Music Box is from Custom Wooden Music Boxes for the Scroll Saw The Berry Basket Collection.Julie a Macmillan Nurse requested this music box for her wonderful M in L,who has been a tower of strength for her when she was having treatment for cancer.I made it on the understanding that I would make it for free if she would make a donation to the Charity at the Hospital,this was agreed.I enjoy making it that I will be making another one for myself,while I am still able to.I have got six grandsons and I will not get a granddaughter.So I am hoping that between the six of them a Great Granddaughter will arrive at some point.The Music Box will be there for that moment,I may be here and may not be here but the box WILL. Most of the wood is birch ply the bottom piece of the turntable and the girl on the swing piece is a older piece of birch ply that is why it is slightly darker.the two flowers vases in the middle are Maple and the four corners pieces are Tulip wood. :roll:

Bryan

Bryan.

That is an impressive piece of work, I am sure that if a granddaughter comes along, it will certainly be a piece for her to treasure.

Regards.

Chris R.

Well that's it! After seeing that I think I will pack it in and leave scroll sawing to the experts!

What can one say.........amazing is an understatement! :)

Bryan that is amazing workmanship, just think, in 50 years time that could be on the Antiques Roadshow and worth the price of a mansion in London!!!
Regards
Brendan

Bryan ,Thank you ,Thank you . I have admired all the work that has been posted on here that I have seen . So I hope that nobody is offended if I say that this is the most beautiful piece in my view that I have seen =D> =D>

What a lovely piece to leave to someone as a legacy of your work in scrolling , I expect that this piece and the following piece will convey the love and work that went into making them, to me it shines right through .

Thank you Bryan and God Bless .

Thank you very much for your kind comments Eugene I must admit it was a joy to work the pattern,many thanks to all, I feel quiet humble for all the comments that the project has been given.The main factor is that we get the praise for cutting it out,but please always give some thoughts for the designers of the patterns that we continue to use in the great hobby of scroll sawing.Thank you All.

Happy Scrolling Bryan

Yes, it would be a treasure for a great granddaughter to keep. Though I am positive all six grandsons will be able to see the intricate beauty of the piece and proudly say. 'My grandad made this'.

Best wishes

Rich

Crikey :shock: thats absolutely superb !!! Reminds me - must sort out blade clamp on my banger :evil: you must have alot of patience, and a steady hand ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Back