Food safe paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoffy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a job to do for a customer that needs to be finished with food safe paint - any idea where I would get this?

hi scoffy
would toy paint fit the bill.
i would assume it would be safe as children tend to put toys in their mouthes.
paul

found this on dulux website
Question
What can I paint my baby's cot and toys with?

Answer
Because young children are likely to suck and chew their toys/cots, toy and cot manufacturers are required to use paints whose composition complies with the European Toy Standard EN71, Part III 1988 or BS5665 Part III 1989 which is the British Standard set for toys safety. A requirement of both these Standards is for paint manufacturers to test every batch to ensure that they are free from or do not contain more than specified levels of certain heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, mercury and arsenic. Test certificates must be made available on request detailing the analytical results.

and this on the farrow and ball site
CHILD SAFE - Our paints have been independently tested and approved to meet the Toy Safety Standard* so parents can rest assured when decorating their children’s nurseries and bedrooms or painting children’s accessories, toys or cots.

Thanks for that Paul, I will put it to the customer and let her decide. She makes wedding cakes, and wants me to make wooden cake stands for her.

Back