Flexible mains cable?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for some super flexible mains cable. The kind of cable you get on nice tools that is very difficult to tangle and straightens out as soon as you unwind it (doesn't keep its wound up state).

Would I need to find rubber coated flexible mains cable for this?

Or would something like this do the job? http://www.screwfix.com/p/time-arctic-f ... blue/95612

Screwfix do sell the rubber stuff, but it's only rated up to 10A, I need something higher for my vac.

Just out of curiosity, did you buy 1.5mm or 2.5mm? Need a new cable on one of my drills and whats on it now looks like it could be 1.5

2.5mm2 is too large for a 13A plug which under the appropriate BS standard is designed for 1.5mm max, but you can stuff 2.5 in the better plugs. 1.5mm is more than adequate for a tool used on a 13A plug unless you have very long cables where voltage drop may be a problem, I do not have the specs for cables in front of me but from memory (which is very fallible these days) 1.5mm flex will take about 15A.

Back