Flexi shaft power carvers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inoffthered

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any users of the Wecheer, Foredom or Axminster flexi shaft power carvers out there?

If so, do you have any comments positive or negative?

The Wecheer bundle looks good value but i have seen one or two bad reports about it. Having said that, there was an post on an earlier thread which suggested that an axi power carving unit was in a wetter box so i dont know whether the Axi kit is a rebadge of the wecheer.

I know someone who uses a Foredom professionally, and he says if he had to flee his workshop taking only one tool (and he has Hundreds) it would be the Foredom. The power at very low revs is exactly the same as at full speed, apparently. He says it is absolutely awesome.

I've had a Foredom for a while and though it doesn't get used a lot these days, it's certainly an excellent bit of kit so I'd echo what Phil says. I think it's expensive though.

I have a Foredom as well. It is much better since I upgraded to a bench top controller from the foot pedal. I would use it more if I could control the dust cloud better. But they are very powerful and easy to control in use

Can't go wrong with a Foredom, if you can afford one I don't think you'll ever have cause to regret the purchase.

I have had my foredom for over a year. There are many models aimed at different craftsman. A power carver wants one with the highest torque (or revs or both I can't remember) but mine is the TX model I got second hand for £120. Its well worth the money, but the trouble is when you need a part then you have to pay a small fortune in getting it from the states.

Some people don't like using the foot pedal either but I prefer it personally. Its needs regular maintaining too, greasing the shaft with a special type of grease which costs $$$$ and can only be brought from the states.

PAC1":g9svzd4c said:
I have a Foredom as well. It is much better since I upgraded to a bench top controller from the foot pedal. I would use it more if I could control the dust cloud better. But they are very powerful and easy to control in use

What is the bench top controller Pac1 ?

Doris":1bzky1yo said:
I have had my foredom for over a year. There are many models aimed at different craftsman. A power carver wants one with the highest torque (or revs or both I can't remember) but mine is the TX model I got second hand for £120. Its well worth the money, but the trouble is when you need a part then you have to pay a small fortune in getting it from the states.

Some people don't like using the foot pedal either but I prefer it personally. Its needs regular maintaining too, greasing the shaft with a special type of grease which costs $$$$ and can only be brought from the states.

Doris, have you tried this place for Foredom spares
http://www.woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk ... 36_96.html

Lons":3reche6j said:
PAC1":3reche6j said:

What is the bench top controller Pac1 ?

The original model I had comes with an accelerator pedal to control the speed. The harder you press it the faster revs you get. I found it difficult to use this as I like to be sat on a stool and my floor is varnished plywood so it slid around all over. The bench top controller is a dial up speed controller that you turn the dial and it runs constantly at the set speed.

Latest posts

Back