Wecheer reciprocating flex shaft

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finneyb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got one of these http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-flexible-shaft-carver-for-multi-tools from Axminster. It fits onto a Dremel type and converts the rotary motion to a reciprocating motion at the cutting edge for power carving.

I have an older cost efficient Powercraft rather than a Dremel. To attach the square drive shaft to the tool, you take the collet out and replace the head with a head with a square hole to accept the drive shaft.

The head supplied does not fit my Powercraft, dia is too small. Tried holding the square shaft with the collet, but the shaft gets warm very quickly, I suspect the square drive shaft needs to move back and forth with the recip action and the collet doesn't allow this.

Two questions:
1. Anyone any experience of the problem and a solution - Axi customer service have been contacted but it's weekend and I'm impatient

2. The packaging states Wecheer, which is a US make, the Axi version is exactly the same but labelled Axminster, I just wonder if the Wecheer has a US thread and the Axi model a UK thread. Anyone comments?

Brian

Back