Flatten with a Tormek???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm, you could be right. There's nowt so cunning as providers of "free" hosting. :( I've ended up paying for Uploadit, and it's really pretty good (touch wood, where's my four-leaf clover, etc). Many thanks to whoever it was who suggested it.

Cheers, Alf

I blame you guys for this :wink: I have very little self control when a deal deal on tools is posted here :roll: so I went to B&Q and bought one of the cheap wet dry grinders (along with 3 cutters but thats another thread), they do come in green
Dscn2848s.jpg

It does appear to be a slightly different motor to the red one that Tony has.
I looked at the picture jaymar posted and here is my first try at a grinding jig, the support bar is a piece of 15mm copper pipe I found in a corner
Dscn2854s.jpg

The clamp for holding the blade is 3 bits of iroko from the ends box
Dscn2852s.jpg

And here it is working
Dscn2850s.jpg

It does not grind as quick as the Tomek I saw at the Midlands show, but its does the job and no fear of drawing the temper. The rig will need to be reworked to provide a more rigid support but the first try has allowed me to find a useable position for the bar.

Tony did you get the dressing stone with your grinder? I did not get one (there is no bulb for the light either) some where filed away I had a stone but just where is not on record :roll: :oops: :roll:

Hi Dave

You forgot the tie :)

Yes, I did get the dressing stone with mine. I think the difference is in the lettering, the green one appears to be a Rexon xxxA and mine is the xxxBQ model.

Nice jig and pretty quick work too.

Cheers

Tony

Tony":1v20vlm0 said:
You forgot the tie :)

Well I do have a choice
Dscn2857s.jpg

but normal ties are health and safety issue in the workshop which rules out my nice purple one :cry:

I do have a few bow ties, should I go for the formal black tie look or the total odd ball, quiet at the back there :roll: or somewhere in between. :shock:

I will explain the quick work on the jig, I am not at work this week :lol: Our daughter got married on Saturday and we had the grandchildren for a few days, boy I must be getting old, its hard keeping up with them :oops:
The little one was off to the workshop every time you looked the other way

Dscn2846s.jpg

and his big sister bossed me about why I had not made her brother a chair like hers, it was great fun but I need to recover :roll:

Dave

I would go for the bowtie on the right, looks just right for woodworking :lol:

Lovely looking grandchild you have there (from the back!!!) and interested in wood work already eh?

Cheers

T

Latest posts

Back