Flamin' Ads!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Every site I ever visited with a view to a purchase, let alone those that I actually bought something from has been bombarding me with ads for their stuff for the last few days. It's not exactly spam since I left my email address with them but the sheer volume is close to a tidal wave. No doubt it's all down to seasonal good cheer.. :mrgreen:

I get more narked by those bloody shopping sites that offer to compare and get the best price blah de blah. The number of times that they come up with a result on google but then when you click on the link there is absolutely bu**er all there. Dealtime seems to be the worst and unfortunately they don't publish a contact email address ...but thinking about it...whois might have an email address :twisted: I reckon i could stick in Dog T*rd and the bu**ers will say they have a good price.

And don't get me started on CFC. All those naff CDs featuring boyband/can'tsing/bocelli/fortyvicars/kathrynjcloth with their simpering saccharine vapid Christmas albums....CFC? Cr*p for Christmas. :evil:

Grrrrrrr....where's the alcohol?

RogerS":3rlmbxqf said:
I get more narked by those bloody shopping sites that offer to compare and get the best price blah de blah. The number of times that they come up with a result on google but then when you click on the link there is absolutely bu**er all there. Dealtime seems to be the worst and unfortunately they don't publish a contact email address ...but thinking about it...whois might have an email address :twisted: I reckon i could stick in Dog T*rd and the bu**ers will say they have a good price.

And don't get me started on CFC. All those naff CDs featuring boyband/can'tsing/bocelli/fortyvicars/kathrynjcloth with their simpering saccharine vapid Christmas albums....CFC? Cr*p for Christmas. :evil:

Grrrrrrr....where's the alcohol?
Oooooooooooooooooh...someone's in for a happy weekend :lol: - Rob

What has really got to me is the Xmas ads for female and male perfume. It seems the name has got to be french sounding and un-pronounceable, there must be a least a dozen, I expect they all come from the same bucket of perfumed water. :evil:

newt":14rzi2yr said:
What has really got to me is the Xmas ads for female and male perfume. It seems the name has got to be french sounding and un-pronounceable, there must be a least a dozen, I expect they all come from the same bucket of perfumed water. :evil:

But the eye-candy :wink:

RogerS":slbu3lx7 said:
newt":slbu3lx7 said:

But the eye-candy :wink:

Roger the blokes dont do any thing for me :roll:

I don't know if this is true, but I was told by someone that most of the cost of a perfume is in the glass container.
Anyone able to confirm that? - Rob

Not so sure that's true. Some of the concentrates(or whatever the right term is) from which some of them are made are mind boglingly expensive, apparently.

Edit.. I only know this from watching one of the Apprentice progs. They got them mixed up and used one that was about a 1000 time dearer than the one they should have used.

The thing is if you are going to buy one of these perfumes, first you have to be able to remember and pronounce the name at the shop, I suspect impossible for a lot of folk. Do you then try some on your own skin, or try some on the assistant, how do you know it will smell the same on her or vice versa. At least channel had a numbering system. Its all a load of bol----- IMHO. I see you can get a Beckham perfume :twisted:

What gets me with the 'Celebrity' perfumes is the image of Britney Spears or Beckham slaving away until the wee hours in a white lab coat surrounded by chemistry kit. :lol:

'This is my new perfume - "Xkjudsiludi".

It's not, tho, is it love? Some marketing rep just picked one at random and stuck your face on the bottle, didn't they?.

Nice work if you can get it. :roll: :lol:

Sad thing is the constant supply of muppets who buy the stuff thinking the celeb did have a hand in making it; and yes most of the names of these bog waters are bloody silly.

I like the advert at the bottom of the page from cheapsmells.com for celeberity perfumes.

isnt advertising wonderful.

john

Latest posts

Back