Fixing the Festool TS55 dust port

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrbarnard

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
As everyone knows Festool really dropped the ball on the recent TS55 track saw with the floppy nozzle for the dust port. There are various fixes, including an inner tube fix by Peter Millard. I figured I could do better 😀

Here is the problem. The weight of the hose always results in the dust collection hanging down to catch the work or track

Looking inside there are two moulded ratchets but they are pretty flimsy

I figured if I made a part to slot in under the ratchet it would lock it in place.

They click nicely in to place

The end result

The part is on ThingiVerse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6008763

Last edited:
Looks like a good modification.
I just put some tape around it whilst its in the up position. The design of it is pretty stupid.
On my hkc saw the movable bit came off and so since then I have been using it without that part Mafell style ( the hose fits inside quite well).

Ollie

Very clever, does this still allow setting the position or is it fixed?
Mine has 2 slivers of wood under to stiffen the ratchet.

Last edited:
Is there any possiblity of a STEP file or dimensioned drawing? STLs are nice, but you cannot do much with them other than 3D print them. Thanks.

Could anyone make me a set too!
I have put little shaped slivers under the walls to tighten up but quite often the whole lot falls off.
A shame for such a good tool.
Happy to purchase. J.

Could anyone make me a set too!
I have put little shaped slivers under the walls to tighten up but quite often the whole lot falls off.
A shame for such a good tool.
Happy to purchase. J.
i can make you them i have just sent some out to another member on here BARRY J

Can I buy these? I don’t have a 3D printer I’m afraid.
From your post count I can see that you haven't been in this UK Workshop tool buying game for very long. The trick is that as soon as you see something that might be of use, you instantly buy it.
Doesn't matter if its only for one job. Best to have and not use, than not have and lament not having.

From your post count I can see that you haven't been in this UK Workshop tool buying game for very long. The trick is that as soon as you see something that might be of use, you instantly buy it.
Doesn't matter if its only for one job. Best to have and not use, than not have and lament not having.
What on earth are you talking about????

Back