Dust Hose Adapter Festool TS55

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_N

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening folks,

Ive just upgraded to a Festool Track Saw. I have an Axminster NVD750 dust extractor which as a hose with an inside diameter of 32mm and I think an outside diameter of 39mm.

I need to get an adapter to connect the hose to the dust port on the saw.

Will this allow my hose to screw into it? Festool Adapter.

If it won't is there another adapter which makes use of the bayonet style fitting on the saw?

Im using the Dewalt Airlock adapter on other tools and was wondering if Festool or a 3rd party make something of a similar nature.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Not sure that will work, the thing you linked to is the standard replacement for the festool extractor hose. I don`t think it will fit on the numatics hose
( though it might ) .

Personally I prefer to use the 36 mm hose on the outside part of the saw fitting.

As an aside, the "new" bayonet fitting Festool have made is no improvement on the old friction fit ones. They always leave a bit of dust inside the bayonett part, they are stiffer rubber so harder to fit onto the router and don`t like fitting into the floor wand well either and they wear out quicker. What`s more you cant even buy the old style anymore. So much for progress !

I use these rubber adaptor thingies for stuff that won`t play nicely with the vacuum like my belt sander, you can just cut them to the right size.

https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product....MI5qyOjIG97QIVkd_tCh24yQ83EAQYCSABEgImTfD_BwE
If you know someone with a 3d printer its quite easy to do this type of stuff, check ebay for festool adaptors there is all sorts.

Ollie

I am having a similar problem, I just got a new Festool sander and its really hard to fit my old Festool mini hose over it, all my other Festool tools have the old style fitting, any other suggestions out there?:dunno:

I am having a similar problem, I just got a new Festool sander and its really hard to fit my old Festool mini hose over it, all my other Festool tools have the old style fitting, any other suggestions out there?:dunno:

That's a bit poor for Festool. How long has that model sander been out, can you buy an old style dust port for it from the Festool ekat?

I get the impression that the Festool twist lock dust extraction thing is a solution for a problem that didn't exist :rolleyes:

Not sure that will work, the thing you linked to is the standard replacement for the festool extractor hose. I don`t think it will fit on the numatics hose
( though it might ) .

Personally I prefer to use the 36 mm hose on the outside part of the saw fitting.

As an aside, the "new" bayonet fitting Festool have made is no improvement on the old friction fit ones. They always leave a bit of dust inside the bayonett part, they are stiffer rubber so harder to fit onto the router and don`t like fitting into the floor wand well either and they wear out quicker. What`s more you cant even buy the old style anymore. So much for progress !

I use these rubber adaptor thingies for stuff that won`t play nicely with the vacuum like my belt sander, you can just cut them to the right size.

https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product....MI5qyOjIG97QIVkd_tCh24yQ83EAQYCSABEgImTfD_BwE
If you know someone with a 3d printer its quite easy to do this type of stuff, check ebay for festool adaptors there is all sorts.

Ollie
I thought I was the only one with this problem when keeping the hose on the hoover attachment and plunge saw, it's a pain.

I think its universally agreed that the bayonet fitting design was a step backwards.
I guess they had problems with the hoses coming off.
On the other hand, I do like the new fabric covered hoses, they are actually an improvement.

Ollie

The solution I've found is actually a dewalt one.

I had purchased the DeWalt Airlock adapter kit a while back as most of my hand tools and mitre saw are DeWalt.

One of the parts in the kit is a stepped rubber adapter which I use with vacuum attachments for doing the floor and bench. But, its a perfect push fit into the Festool dust port on the saw. I used it today to rip some ply down and there was almost zero dust.

Back