Fit for a princess

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I made a start on this bed yesterday. This time is is a child's bed with a carriage design. The wheels took some making!

The frame was much easier being a basic design.

Should get a start on the sides tomorrow. :D

Yes it makes a change from the norm Keith. As for the wheels 'With great difficulty' Seriously though They were made using the router with a compass jig. The centres are made out of 6mm MRMDF and the 'slots' were routed out with a template. The rims were also made the same way using 18mm MDF and a 6mm rebate was routed into the back to accommodate the centres. The hubs are made from some scrap pine. The wheels are not load bearing and will be just for show.

I got the head and foot board completed today.

Then made a start on one of the sides.

I couldn't get the complete side out of one sheet so had to add a section hence the clamps. Will get the other side cut out tomorrow using this one as a template.

Today I got the sides cut out and finished and fitted to the bed frame. They will be removable for transport of course.

Next on the list is the canopy and the details which will be a job for Monday.

That's a very good well proportioned design for the sides, shape-wise, it looks very attractive and commercial [meant in a good way] did you design it yourself ?

Awesome I'd better not sure it to girl, just bought her a bed from John Lewis!
Great work though.

Thanks guys. I managed to get this just about finished in between doing an outside job yesterday. Should be delivering it next week.

Looks lovely, showed the step daughters and they liked it. Feel sorry for mum when it comes changing the sheets though, that will be a bit of a mission haha.

Mark

Back