• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

First, the Drawing Board...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Call me lazy, cheeky or just plain thick but I'm after knocking up a Draughtsmans Board and can't for the life of me think how one goes together nor find a model to have a look at. I want something that is preferably floor standing, with a tilt platen to take up to A2 and if at all possible, will fold flat for storage.

Anyone have a plan or maybe even a photo or two to get me going?

Once the boards made I can bother you all with questions on how to build what I draw...

Thanks!

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Desertbootz,

Why not be real lazy and have a glimp at the small ads. in your local paper. They often seem to be advertised for very reasonable quids. I picked up one in good order on a fold-flat steel stand, complete with parallel motion, for £30 - would probably have cost me more to buy the bits to make one. FWIW.

Cheers,

Trev.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately the local ads option hasn't panned out to date but I'll keep looking.

The URL shows something more than I need but useful ideas and yet another useful website for the new bot to spend work hours smurfing.

Thanks lads! :O)

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
How about Friday ad - their is 2 in at the moment, one for £5 and onr for £75. Thats only in the Brighton edition. PLenty in the surrounding area editions for you at £25.

Try friday-ad.co.uk and search for "Drawing Board" and also Draughtsman Board.

I reckon their is between 1 and 10 in South Sussex area every week.

LARGE 'OLD Style' Architects Drawing board.Adjustable angle.Buyer collects.Ideal for student, evenings only, £5, Hov... | more

DRAWING BOARD for architect or draughtsman, Blundell Harling, 4ft 2ins by 3ft with folding separate base, adjustable angle, vgc, £4... | more

'TRULINE' DRAWING BOARD (Desk mountable), in very good cond, ideal for pencil or technical drawings, £35, Rustingto... | more

3+ Days

£35
make an offer

DRAWING BOARD (A1 size) in very good cond, £35 ovno, 07899 694606. (Rustington)... | more

3+ Days

£35

A.0 DRAWING board with parallel action and stand, £25 ono. 01323 507859.... | more

3+ Days

£25

A.0 DRAWING board with parallel action and stand, £25 ono. 01323 507859.... | more

3+ Days

£25

DRAWING BOARD for architect or draughtsman, Blundell Harling, 4ft 2ins by 3ft with folding separate base, adjustable angle, vgc, £4... | more

3+ Days

£49

DRAWING BOARD parallel motion AO size £75 ono. 01444 882516... | more

3+ Days

£75

'TRULINE' DRAWING BOARD (Desk mountable), in very good cond, ideal for pencil or technical drawings, £35, Rustingto... | more

3+ Days

£35
make an offer

ARCHITECTURAL DRAWING Board, slightly larger than A1. Balanced. £100. Genuine reason for sale. ... | more

3+ Days

£100