First project fitted wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meders

Reaction score
Moved into my first house a little over a year ago, so have plenty of work to do in there.

i'm afraid i didn't take any photos of what the room looked liked to start with :) ial make sure i do that next time tho.

Any how after my friend did a cracking job on skimming the whole room for me i set about planning my fitted wardrobes:) originally they had fitted wardrobes previous because of the chimney breast they came roughly 300mm further out than then chimney.

I wanted to go for a more of a flush look so the plan was to nock up a frame work up then scribe in the internals and the sides, the walls were out quite a bit but when the walls were skimmed we managed to make is less pronounced.

With my hatred of wire and the share amount of wires from all of the Entertainment equipment.

37" LCD Samsung TV
5.1 surround sound system
PS3
sky box / virgin box
Surround sound speaker
Fridge
Downlights (on cabinet push catch switch)

As for the contents of the unit it was my intention of having 4 hanging rails 2 either side of the chimney, TV located in the center above a cast Iorn fireplace with 4-5 drawers depth depending on the over all depth i had to work with from the chimney with a door to hide all of the drawers.

Above the drawers i wanted 4 open spaces were some of the entertainment units could sit with another door above of them for more storage.

On the Drawers i used full extention draw runners with chrome knobs, all of the doors i have used push catches as i didn't want any handles as the idea was for it to all be flush.

Any how enough of my droning on here are the pictures from the work inc the finished results, look forward to all your feed back

thanks tom aka meders

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00006-2-1.jpg

DSC00005-1.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

8.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

draws.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

room2.jpg

room1.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

RILEY":2n6qget1 said:
Nice work Tom.
Did I read that right though - a fridge?
Adam

You certainly did :) needed a beer fridge in my room ;) the whole thing is roughly 15ft wide.

As i bought all of the softwood and mdf though my work i estimate it cost me less than £200 to do all of that then £45 for the fireplace from ebay. Not to bad i dont think ??

tom aka meders

Tierney":9bslkpsx said:
Looks good - I assume the fireplace isn't working?

ye thats right, its just for show, i have just put some pebbles in there and some large church candles in there.

Thanks sim i wanted to go for the resessed look, i think it worked well

thanks

tom aka meders

Latest posts

Back