First post first box help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on using barrel hinges but read about the niche lock co hinges on another box thread so I ordered a pair they are great.
Small hinges short screws and gold plated.

IMG_0262 by my0771, on Flickr

Thanks for the help

Michael

Michael, That edge with the veneer looks great, I think the time spent strengthening the mitred corners is time well spent, you can now be confident they wont come apart.
I have looked at those Niche Locks hinges before and was unsure whether to try them, you say they are great, couple of questions if I may, how good is the finish on the hinges and is the lid easy to lift with magnets fitted?

Andy

Hi Andy
Thanks for your advice as i am making this box to hold a fountain pen collection I would like it to last for many years to come.
As for the hinges I was very impressed with the quality they really look the part I am planning on ordering 2 more pairs tomorrow.
Thanks again for the help.
Michael

I thought I would update this topic to show the almost finished item I just need to add the felt to the base and something to stop the lid clashing as it closes.

IMG_0399 by my0771, on Flickr

The purpose of this box is to house a collection of fountain pens

IMG_0415 by my0771, on Flickr

IMG_3485_1 by my0771, on Flickr

Thanks for the help and advice .

Michael

Latest posts

Back