finished clock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilljc

Established Member
Reaction score
Calling this done now, need to stop looking at it, 'cos I just keep seeing things that are not quite right. Would have liked to have a bit more detail to give it better perspective, but my artistic skills are non existent, so living with it.
Decided against pen groove as I couldn't find my router bit anywhere and grudged buying anew one, but found the gold pen stand online, and quite like it. The pen was turned for me from the scrap from the main piece :)
2016-01-08 15.11.46_thumb.JPG
2016-01-08 15.13.58_thumb.JPG

Attachments

• 2016-01-08 15.11.46_thumb.JPG
    2016-01-08 15.11.46_thumb.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,149
  • 2016-01-08 15.13.58_thumb.JPG
    2016-01-08 15.13.58_thumb.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,149
Looks great Gill, I've been having a bit of a clock "time" myself recently is that your own pattern? -edit- I've just read the previous post re the pattern
Chas

thanks guys, thinking of another similar one, but still frustrated by my inability to 'tweak' pictures to make them into really good patterns for this style of thing #-o . Still always a bit gobsmacked and chuffed when I make something out of my head that looks like ' a real thing' (I know what I mean...)
Brian, Aberdeen and surrounding area for miles has been very badly affected, feel really fortunate not to have been affected personally, it has been shocking to see the devastation, but as you say, we are so fortunate to live in an area that is so beautiful at all times of the year.
Chas, yes sort of, plane is from a photo and copied into inkscape to enclose in ovals - that's about the extent of my computer ability :oops:

Hi Peter, yes it is, just a wee (there's that word again!) thank you for a friend who has been a huge support and help over the years, and takes me for a fly in the grob occasionally, and most recently stood out in howling wind and rain to tie the gas locker door back on to my caravan, even though he knew I was on my way out to do it. :)

Very nice looking completed work Gill. The pen holder looks great and I love the rectangle/oval combination. Really nice work.

Barry

It looks beautiful; elegant and well proportioned.

But what's the half-life on the propeller?

BugBear

That looks lovely Gill, and as an aeroplane bloke myself I'm sure your glider friend will be delighted with it - very stylish, the pen holder and the overall shapes work very well together, and to anyone who knows what a Grob likes like it's instantly recognisable. Like the others, I'm glad you left the prop in place too.

And glad to hear you're not affected by the flooding - have been on hols in the Black Forest for a bit so hadn't seen much news but when we got back it was shocking to see the extent to which some poor UK people have suffered. Having had some water in my cellar once (nothing really serious, just an outside drain got blocked with big hailstones) I really wouldn't want to suffer a "proper" flood.

Happy New Year (and keep dry!)

Krgds
AES

Thanks for the kind words guys, and especially AES re being recognisable, the more I looked at it, the more I thought it looked like a tandem 2 seater. :roll:
anyway, I handed it over today, and he seemed chuffed, and his first words were 'it's a grob' so happy now :lol:

Back