Finger Tearout! (Now with Gore)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My God Wizer that looks really bad. My very best wishes for a full recovery.
Neil

That looks quite severe, just glad your well enough to be posting so soon after a injury like that.

Take Care

Harry

OOOEEEEOOOEEEEOOO!!!!

That's much nastier than I thought. Hopefully it won't take too long to heal.

Sorry for my previous quip, Wizer... not having realized it was a bad as that.

my apologises and heart felt guilt :oops:

sincerely hope you get better soon, mate

Hi Wizer.

I've got a pretty strong constitution but that even made me wince!! :shock:

These things are great reminders to us all!!

Let us know how you get on, all the best,

Richard

Wiz I am shocked and so sorry to hear about your terrible accident.

A timely reminder to us all about the importance of safety and how unexpectedly accidents like yours can happen.

Hope you make a quick and speedy recovery. It looks jolly bad and must be very painful.

All the best, Tony.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :sick:

Stone the flippin' crows!!

Thank god it was only a finger - much worse than I expected though, that picture literally made me gasp.

That looks a lot worse than I expected from your earlier posts.

But it does serve as a reminder for everyone how easily it can happen, I am in the process of building a workstation for my saw table and router and after reading a few threads on here I don't want to use either of them now. I will make sure both have more than adequate guards on them before I attempt anything.

Hope you heal soon, best wishes.

Thanks again for kind comments. Didn't mean to shock with the picture. I guess it is bad. The good news is that I still have feeling throughout the finger, so it's "easily fixable". The pain has been pretty minimal too, tho I did faint in A&E. :oops: :lol:

More updates tomorrow after the graft.

PS: Raggy, don't be put off the router table. It was the freehand aspect of it which was dangerous and, seeing as I have read little about it on this forum over the years, I think it's not a regular task. Generally, with fences, guards, finger boards, etc, router tables are as safe as the TS.

TBH I was thinking about making a new router table last night.

If you do want to have another go at this in future WiZeR, this link might give you an idea of the kind of jigs that can be a lot safer to use, as your hands are kept well away for the cutter.

Personally, I think they're a bit overkill for small work on the router table as you have to then work from both sides of the jig... But, none of your digits should have to come anywhere near a spinning cutter. :)

These kind of jigs should be standard practice for spindle moulders used in industry, although I previously worked for a company that used jigs just like yours and I refused to use it. One guy even cut himself - he was very, VERY lucky it was barely any worse than a cut - but nothing is done about it.

aving been in the same boat WiZer I sympathise, it certainly lloked pretty bad, but if as you suggest, the nerves and tendons are intact then all should be well. Apart from an area of scar tissue that should worth a few pints at the local. :lol:
Best of luck mate.

Roy.

WiZeR":qfpqpc07 said:
Thanks again for kind comments. Didn't mean to shock with the picture. I guess it is bad. The good news is that I still have feeling throughout the finger, so it's "easily fixable".

That's a relief. I took one look at the picture and thought you might have to have it amputated.

It is a good job you still have feeling in the finger.

Jeez man, this thread should come with an health warning, that is bad :wink:

I have seen bad things, (had to find my dad's top off his finger when he cut it off with the lawn mover), but that is bad,

I hope you heel quickly,, a good thing was you didn't pass out.

Did you had to drive yourself???

I bet you, you haven't been into the workshop jet???

I trully trully hope you get better quick- although....

All the best
Chris

Wizer,
Awful accident mate, hope you get better real soon. :shock: :(
I am myself still getting over what I thought was a bad crush injury to my fingers a couple of weeks ago but not even in the same league!

I am so appalled by your injury I have printed it and will laminate copies by all my machines as a reminder for the future. Do I owe you any royalties? :)

Do adhere to the physio, very important indeed.
Best Regards,
Martin

OW! :shock:

i didnt imagine it to be as bad as that, hope for a speedy recovery

Woody.

Back