Fine Woodworking site.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PeterBassett":13c6vc1f said:
Since when does a "14 day Free Trial" require a credit card number?

*Grumble*

Pete
Well I fell for it. Spent a few days looking and decided it wasn't for me. Cancelled after 5 days and still had money taken from my card? Never did get it back either.

I'm a subscriber to both the fine woodworking and homebuilding magazines in the states (sister lives there so all gets posted to her place). Any problems I've had were normally sorted without a fuss so I would contact them about the refund etc. Customer service seems to be a bigger thing there than it is here!

Agree with you though on the necessity of credit card for free trial! No call for that!

It's a bit sly isn't it.

I can understand that they don't want people creating an endless number of free accounts and living forever on the free trail period but there are other ways to go about it...

Still, nevermind..

Pete

I emailed them several times about it and they just kept me going round and round in circles; for the small amount it cost me it wasn't worth constantly chasing. Lesson learned for me, I won't be paying for any more 'free' trials.

I personally think it's a fantastic site, if you join , no end of great info , years worth of articles and videos. if you delve in there's so much in there, and like said the fine homebuilding is pretty good as well. Also with the exchange rate it's not much to pay for a year ( I think).

Back