Autodesk Fusion 360 - 3 year limit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benpointer

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I have been using the free version of Autodesk Fusion 360 as a hobbyist for a number of years - since 2018. I have had to renew a number of times.

I now see a "Trial ends in 22 days" message at the top of the screen and according to their website you can now only use the hobbyist version for 3 years.

Compare Fusion 360 vs Fusion 360 for Personal Use | Autodesk

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a solution? I guess I could start a 'new' user but I'd lose my history of drawings.

Tbh I'd be happy to pay a small fee for continued use but not £66 per month(!). I only use it about 2 or 3 times a year.

Any thoughts?

This is probably so they can keep track of users and tidy up there servers, there must be people who would otherwise just remain as a user but are now dormant. Unless you need such a program or 3D / modeling then I can recommend Qcad, a 2D package that is only around £30 a year and is really easy to use with many of the features needed such as local blocks and a library.

Thanks all.

Just to confirm, I renewed my expired personal use Fusion 360 with no issues today. It's a bit of a pain to have to renew and download again but I can access all my old drawings, and it's free, so I shan't complain too loudly!

Back