Finally stumbled upon one of those pesky tuits!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightclan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't posted on here for awhile, though I do browse from time to time.

I've been meaning to learn Sketchup for quite awhile. Finally, I took the time to start getting my head around it. Here's my first attempt. It's a bit basic and blocky; but I think I'm starting to get the general idea.

It's a basic drawing of one of a pair of corner cabinets I've just quoted for. Here's hoping I get the job.

CraigCornerCabinet.jpg

Brad

Nicely done Brad. It is nice to see someone who also works in old money too. :D I use feet and inches and only use metric if it is very small measurements. or for scuba diving. :wink:

Hello Brad,

Long time no see. Looks like you're getting the hang of SketchUp just fine there. I hope you get the job with it.

If you need a hand, let me know.

Ya oughta come for a little lunch. We'll give you some hotdish and Jell-o salad and bars for dessert. ;)

Dave R":2jntt0jy said:
Hello Brad,

Long time no see. Looks like you're getting the hang of SketchUp just fine there. I hope you get the job with it.

If you need a hand, let me know.

Ya oughta come for a little lunch. We'll give you some hotdish and Jell-o salad and bars for dessert. ;)

Ya sure, you betcha Dave. :lol:

Actually, my parents are headed up your way in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I can't make it up to Lutefisk land just now, too busy with work, and kids getting settled into new schools, and soccer, and....

My Dad's bringing me back a FREE bandsaw though. \:D/ \:D/ IIRC it's an oldish Rockwell. He says it's pretty nice. Can't wait. :D

As far as Sketchup, I'm just going to go through the tutorials and if I have anything specific that those don't answer, I'll pick your brain.

Thanks, (to Mailee and Waterhead too)

Brad

Back